17/19

Beta: Manon, Shemar & Naomi, Phyllis, Carol, Niroveka, Dis & Aranel

Disclaimer: I own only the plot; Tolkien though was the one that created the great world of Middle Earth. I do not own the Lord of the Rings (and associated) book series, nor any of the characters from it. I do not make any money from the writing of the story.

--

Legolas cut in, snapping, "No... I... I tried to kill him, to strangle him. I almost killed him, so why should I be called 'friend'?"

"They will call you friend' because friends will always stay with you, through good and bad," Oropher explained, putting his arms around his grandchild and giving him a hug, thinking that he might need it.

Legolas cried as Oropher's hugged him, cried for everything that happened, cried for the loss.

"Now, my child, I ask you to gain strength and please do not think less of yourself, you mean so much to them, and to me too, Greenleaf. I am proud of you ion," Oropher said softly to him, hoping that his words would touch the elf's soul.

"Hannon-le, grandpa..." Legolas thanked him, and then he felt his eyes closing slowly.

The next thing that Legolas felt was a sudden cold breeze and then he opened his eyes.

His sight was blurred and he rubbed his eyes, trying to see. He closed them once, and when he opened them again he saw Haldir staring at him. He could see a look of shock and surprise on Haldir's face.

Legolas opened his mouth, feeling the need to say something, but he felt Haldir's finger on his lips, and could hear Haldir's voice softly telling him, "Shush... rest... we will deal with it later... now rest mellon-nin..."

Haldir stared into his friend's eyes. He could see how the light that was vanished before from his friend's eyes now seemed to be growing and the glow was brighter.

Legolas was going to be all right. Haldir smiled.

Haldir did wonder what would happen later with Gimli and Aragorn.

----------------

Later on... 

Aragorn and Gimli finally woke from their restless sleep, and moved closer to Haldir who was sitting beside Legolas.

They seemed surprised as they heard Haldir speaking softly and he seemed to be giggling. They came towards the elves, and were caught off guard when they noticed Legolas' eyes were open, and that he was smiling.

"Legolas?" Gimli asked confused, not knowing why his friend was smiling.

Legolas' smile vanished as he remembered Gimli's last words to him, and he asked the dwarf, "Am I still your friend?"