chapter thirteen || #onscreencrush

"Christopher," she sang as she approached the man. He looked at her and began to walk away. "Don't avoid me, asshole."

"I have to get ready for filming," he replied. "We'll talk later."

"Fine," she huffed, crossing her arms. "I have to get ready too."

"Great. See you on set."

"Great," she called. When he was out of earshot, she groaned loudly. "Bastard."

FROM AURORA TO CHRIS:

"Wear this." A tube of nude lipstick was pushed at her. She scowled and swiped it across her lips.

"Morning Aura," Joe Russo called from the doorway.

"Is it still morning? I've been in this damn chair for hours," she grumbled. "What's up?"

"You're filming the kiss with Chris today."

"Tell that to him," she huffed. "He's being an ass."

"Don't let it get in the way of your work life, Aura," he said, moving towards the door. "We start filming in 40 minutes," he added on before leaving.

"Don't let it get in the way of your work life, Aura," she mimicked, ruffling her hair one last time in the mirror before following him from the trailer.

It seemed to end in moments. They did it in one take, each of them putting their personal issues aside to fall into their characters and film it.

"You wore strawberry lipsmacker," he mused as they walked out of the set. "It tastes like middle school."

"Oh, so we're talking now?" She asked in mock-surprise. He rolled his eyes. "Finally got your head out of your butthole?"

"I can't stay mad at you, Rora," he sighed, putting his arm around her shoulders and hugging her gently. 

"I know. The media calls me loveable," she joked. "You still want a piece of this hot ass?"

"Aurora-"

"Answer the question, Christopher."

"I don't want a piece of your hot ass," he stated. "But I do like you a lot. Not in the best-friend way."

"Cool beans," she nodded. "I guess it's a little weird, but we can always give it a try."

His face lit up with a grin that reached his eyes.

"Really?"

"What've we got to lose other than a longtime friendship, an on-screen relationship and possibly our jobs?"

"I love your optimism," he mumbled, pulling her closer and kissing the top of her head.

"Don't be all gross and cute, that's my first rule."