chapter thirty-five || #waffledate

yaboyaura

yaboyaura

why the fuck do you have a mickey waffle maker and how did you get the waffles into a hospital

tagged: chrisevans

chrisevans

why don't you have a mickey waffle maker?

yaboyaura

okay fair play

robertdowneyjr

aw, young love

Chris was sitting on the end of her bed and she was occasionally snacking on the waffles, most of her attention on her phone.

"Come on Aura, eat some more." His suggestion sounded more like a plea. 

"You know this is the first solid food I've had in weeks," she snapped. "It's not easy."

"I know that," he sighed. He opened his mouth to say something but she crawled over and placed her lips on his.

"You know, we haven't been on a real date in a long time," she murmured as she wrapped her arms around him. She was a lot more frail than he remembered but he didn't say anything about it. "Movie nights and eating take-out don't really count."

"I promise I'll take you on a real date when you get out of here," he smiled. "I'll take you to see... Waitress. You haven't seen that, have you?"

"I never got the chance," she sighed. "But I've listened to the soundtrack. It sounds good."

"Then we'll go see Waitress," he affirmed, pulling her into a tight hug. "You'll be better and everything will be good."