chapter seventeen || #plusone

Nobody really knew why Aurora came back from lunch so grouchy. She refused to let the artists touch up her makeup and when members of the crew tried to instruct her about the clip they were filming, she ignored them and walked away.

"What's up, buttercup?" Chris asked, tossing an arm around her shoulder casually. She pushed it off and sat down.

"Don't call me buttercup," she replied coldly. "Can you just leave me alone?"

"Are you mad at me? Do you want to cancel tonight?" He questioned, sitting next to her and trying to get her to look at him. 

"I'm not mad at you. I'm mad, though," she mumbled. "My fucking brother just got engaged to my ex."

"That's harsh," he sighed. "How did you find out?"

"Well, I first found out through his Instagram. Posted a picture of the ring he put on it," she explained. "Then he texted me at lunch to tell me there's an engagement party on the sixteenth and I'm invited, which means I have to go."

"You don't have to go-"

"Yeah, I do. He's my brother."

"But if-"

"I have to go, Chris. End of story," she snapped. "Do you want to be my plus one. I might fight someone if you don't hold me back."

"It'd be my pleasure," he joked, offering her a hand. "Your dad likes me."

"Don't take it personally, my dad likes everybody."

To: Anthony Russo, Joe Russo

From: Aurora Dunkirk

Subject: Time off????

hey russos can me and chris have the 15th, 16th, and 17th???? my brother is engaged and i'm supposed to be at his party

its totally cool if you say no cause he's an asshole and i don't want to go

from aura :)

RE: Time off???

From: Joe Russo

Hello Aurora

If you turn up to set a little earlier tomorrow, we can film the things you need to film on those days and we can do catch up shots when you return.

We're giving you the time off because we're not going to be your excuse for missing your brother's engagement :)

RE: Time off???

From: Aurora

asshats