Seventeen

"I dare you to do that again"

Camila was conflicted. On one hand, she could kiss Lauren and experience hands down one of the best moments of her young life again. But on the other hand, Lauren was drunk. She didn't want Camila, at least not the way Camila wanted her. Camila was almost completely sure that it was the alcohol talking when Lauren asked her to kiss her, and she sure as hell didn't want to get her heart broken.

"I..um..I need to go to the bathroom." Camila stood up from Lauren's lap and rushed out of the room, leaving Lauren and the other 3 girls sitting in shock.

"Camz wait!" She heard Lauren's footsteps follow her upstairs and she quickly ran into the bathroom and locked the door.

"Camila please let me in," Lauren's soft voice could be heard from the other side of the door.

"I'm going to the bathroom!" Camila yelled as she looked at herself in the bathroom mirror and splashed water in her face.

"Don't lie to me." Lauren's voice sounded almost stern, but the usual softness was there. Camila sighed before walking over to the door and twisting the lock.

"Camz I'm so sorry I have no idea what I was thinking and I just wanted to-" Lauren began rambling as soon as the door opened and she caught sight of the younger girls brown eyes.

"You're rambling." Camila cut her off with a quiet giggle.

"I'm sorry." Lauren blushed and looked to the ground.

"Hey, it's okay, it's not your fault," Camila placed her hand on Lauren's jaw, "alcohol makes people do stuff they wouldn't usually do, it's fine."

"Yeah, you're right." Lauren looked up, "I am pretty buzzed."

Any ounce of hope that Camila had was shattered now that Lauren actually admitted her actions were all due to being drunk.

"So I guess we better go back, right?" Camila asked with a slight voice crack that she tried to cover up. She then started walking back towards the direction of the living room where the rest of the girls are, not noticing that Lauren didn't move an inch.

"Wait!" Lauren yelled suddenly. Camila turned around and looked at Lauren, who seemed to be deep in thought.

"I..I just." Lauren took a few steps forward so she was beside Camila, "I mean alcohol also makes people do things that they're too scared to do while sober."

"What are you saying?" Camila furrowed her eyebrows, truly confused as to what the older girl was implying.

"I'm saying that...I feel like...I mean you're.." Lauren struggled to find the right words so she looked into Camila's dark eyes to find the answer, "fuck it."

And suddenly Lauren's lips were against Camila's lips. For real this time. Not because of some stupid ex or cliché dare. The way Lauren's lips moved against Camila's were based on pure emotion. Camila soon started kissing back with every fiber of her being, in a way to pour her heart out to Lauren without actually having to use words. She hoped the way she moved her tongue against Lauren's screamed I love you because she was much too scared to actually utter those words.

Soon enough, Lauren's back was against the wall and Camila's hands started to roam Lauren's body, avoiding the most intimate parts because she wasn't sure if Lauren wanted that yet. But, all good things must come to an end, and Camila pulled back when air was needed.

No words were spoken between the two girls, the way Lauren's thumb stroked Camila's cheek said enough.

"We should go downstairs." Camila whispered.

"Mhm." Lauren hummed, seemingly more enamored with Camila's facial features than her words as she stroked every feature tenderly, "you have really soft lips."

"Yeah well so do you." Camila giggled, "now c'mon cutie, the girls are probably wondering where we are." Camila grabbed Lauren's hand and they both made their way downstairs.

Camila had never been to church in her life, but she prayed to God that Lauren would remember this tomorrow.

A/N: it's lit fam, here's a new lockscreen for y'all since I'm such a generous person.