Chapter 5: ;-;

"Jennifer, are you sure that this is the life you chose to live?"

I open my eyes to only see darkness. Closing my eyes again I shake my head. I open them once more to look at the time in my phone.

3:40am.

Ugh, why did I have to wake up right now? So annoying. I get up from the couch I was currently on and stretch.

There are 2 rooms: the main one and a smaller one. The main bedroom is occupied by Vernon, Yakima and I. For this night, I decided to sleep in the couch because there are 2 beds in that room but neither of them like to share. So, that left me with nothing but I kind of did want to stay here because I would have been a bit suffocated.

On the smaller room there is Bella & Eureka. They both sleep on one bed and they both feel comfortable. I would have slept in the same room as them but I doubt I would have fit. That's the struggle of being in the middle.

It's awfully quiet right now, to be honest. Usually we would have been talking or something but I guess everyone is just tired.

I walk over to the kitchen in order to get something to drink but find nothing that I'd like. Ugh, I forgot that we need to buy food. I kind of want to go buy something to drink right now. If I remember correctly there should be a store around the corner of our apartment. Should I? Should I not? F... it man, I'll go.

I grab my coat and slowly begin to walk out the door. Wait they are all deep sleepers. I put in my shoes and open the door. I have an extra key in my coat so I lock it. The hallway was dim and that scared me, a bit. I mean, imagine a 16 year old walking in the hallway through dim light. Wouldn't that just look like a scene from a paranormal movie? But it's okay, I'm not scared of the light. Hopefully nothing pops up though, that I'm scared of. I turn on the flashlight from my phone, just in case.

As I walk through the doors I hear weird noises. Theirs like... Moans. Yuck! I began to speed walk towards the elevator at the end of the hallway and press the down button. We are living in the 7th floor, the view from our window, which is closed, is amazing. Unfortunately, due to the weather, we can only see ice.

The door of the elevator opens and there's light in it. Bright light. I take a deep breath and press the '#1' button. I close my eyes and when I open them, I'm at the main entrance. I see the receptionist and she smiles at me, she looks tired.

"Where are you going" she asks as she takes a sip of her coffee.

"To the store" I reply.

"There's a vending machine, you know"

"I need things from the store" I say and she nods.

"You're Jenn Song aren't you? You're one of the girls from the institution," she says. My eyes widen, how does she know? "I'm a friend of your headmaster & she told me to take care of you. For tonight, I can't allow you to go outside by yourself. Please go back" she says. She looks serious and I don't want to argue. I decide to go back to our apartment. Once I get there I take my coat and shoes off. I know the headmaster told us that we will be watched but I didn't think it would be like this.

"Where were you Jenn?" Vernon asked.

"What time is it?"

"It's 4:22 am. Where were you?" She asked once more. Why is she so serious?

"I just went to the main floor. The receptionist knows us, the headmaster told her to take care of us" I told her.

"Are you serious? That's dumb."

"I know, but we're just 16 & 15 so I get why they're overprotective," I say and sigh. " why are you up anyways?"

"There's something I had to do with Yakima but she didn't wake up. She was talking to someone until 2, that's why."

"Okay, but do you need my help?"

"This was suppose to be a secret but I need extra hands so sure. Just don't tell the others."

"Yeah, okay"

Why does it feel strange?