Chapter 20: Birds Chirping

A/N: So the first few chapters of Beatrix's story have been posted. I hope you guys like it. :)

Gentle cooing noises fill my ears and I wake to find Nox leaning over a bassinet, staring in wonder at our little creations.

I remember the labor being intense and long. I'm not sure how long I've been asleep, but I know that if it weren't for the drugs filtering through my system I would be in a lot of pain.

I feel almost empty. I already miss having them inside my belly, protected from the world. My breasts are swelled to twice their normal size, filled with milk and aching.

Nox notices I'm awake when I try to reach for the cup of water on my bedside.

"Don't, I can do that for you. You've been through a lot. You shouldn't move around." He looks worried as he hands me my water.

I don't say anything as he runs his fingers through my hair, relaxing me. I can smell our infants scent on his skin. He's been caring for them intently.

"I want to hold them." I say and he smiles at me as he reaches to grab our first born.

He hands him to me, our baby boy. "He's beautiful." Tears are in my eyes knowing the pain was worth it to see this beautiful tiny being in my arms.

Nox is brushing my hair back, watching mother and son bond.

"What should we name him, little bird?" He has my finger wrapped tight in his little fist. I press my nose to his head, inhaling his fresh scent.

"I thought you wanted to name them." I murmur quietly.

"I want it to be a mutual decision." Our baby girl is crying now and Nox hands her to me as he takes our boy. I coo and kiss her forehead.

"She's so tiny." I whisper.

"They both are. I thought they would break just by touching them at first."

Our girl is making tiny sucking sounds, trying to pull my finger to her lips and I adjust myself to free a breast. Nox is staring intently as I struggle to get her to latch on.

"Here. Let's me help, sweetie." He's reaching over to steady me, guiding our girl to my enlarged nipple. She latches on and I start to feel a bit of relief of the ache in my chest. My other breast is leaking as she greedily takes as much milk as she can. "Beautiful." Nox says before kissing my forehead yet again. He's showering me with his love. The love he so sweetly proclaimed to me during the birth of our children.

"I think we should name her Phoenix." I say as I pet her soft head.

Nox is laughing at me and I know my cheeks are red. "I thought you didn't want to name them after birds."

"But you do." It's implied that I'm trying to make him happy. That I want to show my love to him.

"I think it's a beautiful name darling." He's smiling so brightly. The happiest I've ever seen him.

"What about our boy? Do you have a name for him?" I'm asking as or little Phoenix finishes up. I lift her to pat her back.

"Talon." He's sure as he says this now. He's had more time to think on it.

"It's perfect Nox. I don't think I could have found a better mate than you. You've come to mean so much to me. I hope you know that. I hope you know I love you." Tears are falling and he's laying Talon in the bassinet before wiping the tears from my cheeks. Kissing me all over.

"I know you do. I'm glad it was you that they chose to sacrifice because that sacrifice has become the best thing in my life." I'm smiling happily as Phoenix burps and spits up on my shoulder, interrupting our moment.

He's laughing now, at the disgusted look on my face. He takes our little girl and wraps her up in a blanket before cleaning her up and placing her beside her brother. I'm saved for last as he wipes my shoulder clean. I'm pouting as he continues to chuckle at me.

"You're going to have to get used to that Wren."

I'm sighing as he picks up Talon. I don't need help this time, as I guide our boy to suckle my other breast. He's even more greedy then his sister, sucking so hard that my nipple feels raw. I'm wincing, slightly sensitive and Nox kisses the corner of my mouth. "Your going to be a good mama wolf."

I'm so happy I could burst. I never would have imagined an arranged bonding turning into this loving family.

My thoughts are interrupted as Hux comes into the room, his hands in his pockets. Nox is growling at him to stay back, not wanting him to see my bare chest.

"I'm not looking I swear." His arms are over his face, but he's like a brother to me. I don't think he would get aroused at the sight of his 'sister's' breasts.

"Just stay back." Nox is growling. Protective and I pull the sheets up to cover myself.

Hux ignores him as he walks over to the bassinet. "So tiny." Hux mutters. "Can I hold her?" He looks to Nox instead of me. He seems sober for the most part, so I don't have a problem with it.

Nox walks over to gently lift Phoenix, supporting her head as he hands her off to Hux. His brother might hate him, but how can he say no? How can he take away Hux's chance to become an uncle? All he really wants is to have his brother back again.

Hux seems mystified as he stares down at the baby in his arms. He's holding her in an squats position and it's adorable how out of place he looks. "What's their names?"

"This one is Phoenix." Nox answers proudly. Hux smiles at him for the first time since he's been back.

"Hi Nixy, I'm your uncle Hux." He's petting her head like a dog and I start to laugh as soon as I see the look on Nox's face.

"Don't call her that. She doesn't need a nickname." Nox is crossing. His arms and Phoenix, noticing the discomfort of her father starts to wail. Hux is so startled he almost drops her and Nox is on him, grabbing our girl and rocking her to soothe her cries.

"She sure has a set of lungs." Hux mutters.

I motion him over to the bedside as I lift Talon to my shoulder to burp, my breast now covered completely. "Come meet your nephew."

Hux reached a hand out to Talon's little fist and he grabs on immediately.

"This is Talon. He's the firstborn." I'm smiling proudly this time.

"I'm going to spoil them. I want to be around to do that. Is that okay?" He's looking at me, but I know he's talking to Nox.

"As long as you want." It's a quiet answer, emotional.

"Thanks." He answers before leaving us to enjoy our little family and I'm happy that these new lives have been the start those brothers needed to begin again.