Bonus Chapter 6:

Chapter 11: Letting go part 2

Nox's POV

After that dream, the one with Lily, I decide to get to know this female. I decide to let her in little by little.

I even decide to introduce her to my sister.

"It's nice to meet you." My little bird is stretching out her hand in offering.

Teagan ignores her. She has been quite haughty as of late, always in a bad mood, always taking it out on the other pack members, even her friends.

Stop

I send this through our mind link, warning her that if she shows any further disrespect that there will be consequences.

I watch as Wren's hand drops, unsure, confused. I try my best to comfort her. I have learned that she likes it when I rub her back, always arching into my fingers.

Teagan doesn't try to include her into the conversation in the least, though I did warn her.

She looks at me as she says her next words. "Wanna go to the river?" Her eyes, a dull grey to my silver, have a hidden meaning. We both know what today is. I had planned on paying my respects later on, when Wren goes to bed.

Wren, the curious bird that she is, seems excited to be apart of this. I don't tell her that my sister wasn't inviting her, because I can feel the way she wants to be included. "What's at the river?"

Teagan looks at her with the dirtiest look I have ever seen her give.

Teagan I said to stop.

She looks rightfully guilty, but I pay it no mind as I continue to rub my females back. "We just love to swim. It's a place we have gone to since we were small."

I don't mention that it's also the first place we met Lily. I don't want to hurt her in that way. I've learned what a gentle soul my little bird is.

She gives me sad eyes as she looks up at me. "Well, you two can go. My stomach hasn't been feeling too well today."

"Okay, you rest and we will be back soon." I give her hand a tiny squeeze before heading off with my disrespectful sister.

Teagan is walking next to me, no longer in a mood as she hums a tune.

I give her a side glance. She really is something. I have no idea what is going on in that head of hers.

"You will not eat with the rest of the pack for a week." This, I think, is the perfect punishment for her.

She stops, takes a pause, and then continues on. She doesn't believe that I will follow through with this, but she is going to be proven wrong, not me.

Along the way I spot the patch of lilies that Teagan and I had planted on the year anniversary of Lily's death. I watch as Teagan picks a few before waiting for me.

My hand reaches out to touch the stem, to plucks it from the earth before handing my pick of the year to her.

At our tree I kneel down with my sister, praying to the moon goddess that my human is safe with her, that my pups are safe with her.

I don't receive an answer, and I watch as Teagan arranges the flowers upon the roots of this weeping willow, mine on the top of the stack.