Bonus Chapter 5:

Chapter 10: Letting go part 1

Nox's POV

Dreaming.

Lily is with me.

She hasn't been in my dreams in a very long time. Why is she here now?

We are sitting at our table, the one in the cafe.

She looks beautiful, her hair pulled back messily like always.

"She's a good wolf." Her first words.

I'm taken aback.

She continues. "Wrenley? She is a good female. You should give her a chance."

"But I still love you."

"It's okay. You can love us both." Her voice is like bells to my ears.

"Love you both? No. I would have to let you go. I don't want to do that." My head is shaking back and forth, confused by her.

Her hand takes mine.

"I will always be with you, but she is what you need now. She is what will make you happy. It's okay to let me go. We love each other very much. We love each other so much that we only want happiness for the other.

"I want that for you, Lennox."

"What about you?" My grip is right around her hand, but it's starting to disappear, to fade away.

"All I have ever wanted is your happiness."

And she's gone.

And I'm awake. I'm in the bed and I'm alone.

I feel disturbed and I tighten the block I have set up around me. I don't need the little bird to peck her way into my thoughts. If I tell her about Lily, it will be because of my own volition.

I stand, stretching my legs as I make my way to the bathroom. She's not there and I start to panic.

She's still in her heat for a few more days. If she left, it is unsafe for her. The unmated Wolves will be in her in an instant if she has a beat spell.

I search for her mind. She's in a run, spreading her scent around the woods. That could put her in danger.

I urge her to come back, my anger at the disregard for her life making me unhinged.

She doesn't listen and I pace the halls for a good bit until I decide to go after her myself, but there is no need.

I find her in the kitchen, a robe wrapped around her, a bowl of fruit in her hands.

"Wrenley." Her name shoves it's way through my lips.

She drops the bowl and I drag her up the stairs towards our private quarters.

She is protesting, worried about her precious fruit instead of her life.

I can't stop my wild was as I shove her to our door. "Forget the fruit Wrenley. Think about what you did to me last night. I don't care if your mind was in a heat crazed delusion or not. Oh had no right to do that to me against my will!" I'm taking out my anger on her. I'm bringing up things that I know she couldn't control. I'm taking my confusion out on her.

I'm holding her pinned under my weight as she snarls in my face, an angry she-wolf. "You mean mark you? Like you did to me on the night of our binding ceremony? You could have given me be time to know you, but you didn't and then you left me feeling used and shamed! You haven't cared for me like a mate should! You don't share your food with me! You don't do anything but fuck me!" She's crying and her body is overheating, searing a brand into me to mate her.

I feel ashamed of myself. Everything she has said is true, but I've been so wrapped up in myself and Lily that I couldn't care for her.

Lily is right. This female is good. She cares for people deeply. She doesn't have a mean bone in her body and I have been making her feel awful about herself.

Lily never said it, but I know she is ashamed at the way I can treat a female with so much love in her body.

I grip her hair softly, rest my head against hers, pull her close. "Little bird, I am trying." I voice these words in hope. I haven't been trying very hard, but I am, even if she doesn't know it yet.

Her burning body is hot to the touch and I pull back to lead her back into the room, to lead her to the bed.

I can feel her thoughts that are confused and hurt, her pain that is starting to pull her in. I can feel her panting as the need to join bombards her.

She's in my arms and whispering words into my neck, whispering how she wants to try for us. I let her take the lead, just as she had the night before, but she doesn't seem to want it.

I take charge, but I don't pounce on her like a wild man from the back this time. I lean her back slowly. I untie the ribbon that holds her robe closed right, her lush body hidden from my view.

I give her a smile, trying to show her that I do care to some extent. She is smiling back, giving me a bit of herself. Our bond doesn't let us stay angry for long.

I don't want to ruin this moment, so instead of pulling away to undress, I pull my zipper down. Her icy eyes feast on me as I remove my hardened cöck.

I don't wait for her heat to dear her with pain, with want. I take action. I suck her pink nipples into my mouth, let my tongue dance around them until she keens out her pleasure for me to hear.

I leave my mar on every inch of her beautiful breast before making my way to her neck, sucking on the skin there.

Her soft hands are in my hair, pulling me up to her lips. I don't wait. I don't let myself hesitate.

I let my lips taste hers in a slow kiss, but in and teasing, tasting and sucking. I let my cöck meet her entrance as my tongue meets hers and shove myself in until I'm encased in the wet heat that can only be hers. This woman has brought me pleasure in a way that Lily never could and I try not to let the guilt of that consume me as I love on this woman with everything I've got.

---