chapter one {revised}

Novas pov-

I curled up on the cold concrete in the cell that I now laid in, it was solid and hard where my shoulder and hip made contact with it. I squeezed my eyes shut crying as I let go of everything leaving myself to fate as images of what happened slid into my mind;

I was walking with my parents close to the pack borders. There was a steep hill that led into the pack grounds of the silhouette pack a very dangerous pack notorious for their unempathetic tolerance of rogues and other wolves who stray onto their lands. it was a hard climb back up and that's why not many people stray near here if you slip there is no hope for you as the border patrol would be on you in a matter of seconds.
I turned my gaze to look at my mother who looked tired and maybe even a little sad while my dad looked as stoic faced as ever, neither of them really did like me much I guess, they were, in fact, hoping for a boy imagine their shock when I came out, they would tell me every day how they wished I was a boy so that I could be a stronger Alpha sadly this made me train myself more.
we stopped near the border and I looked up confused stepping back a little bit away from the edge watching where I trod,
"Daddy, what are we doing?" I asked as I looked up at him,
He looked down at me with that same stone face unimpressed and disappointed look, a look that I had always mistaken as a look of love because that was all I knew, and all he would give me.
I smiled at him,
And he still looked indifferent.
He turned to me staring down at me for a few moments longer then started saying words in a language that I didn't know; which made me feel useless seeing as I wanted to take over the pack one day.
I opened my mouth to ask him what he was saying until he shoved me back I stumbled from the force he applied. this was an act that I still had made myself believe was an accident.
Pain soared through my body and I cried out as I fell over the pack borders right onto another packs land, I fell down the hill hitting my head on the way I curled up into a ball along the flat ground that was littered with dead and dry leaves.
I held my hands to my probably bleeding head as I slowly looked up taking in my surroundings, trees as far as my small undeveloped eyes could see. I rolled on to my back and I looked up to see my parents staring down at me one second they were there and the next there was only empty air where they stood.
I cried out whining and whimpering for them to come back but when they didn't and I had stopped my crying, as my head began to throb I clutched it tighter.
A harsh growl filled the air and I froze releasing my head slowly I swallowed hard as I rolled over into a sitting position only to come face to face with the piercing yellow eyes of a large dark brown wolf who snarled at me, my tears began to once again stream down my face.
I shuffled back only to bump into a tree whimpering submissive at the large wolf in front of me.
The dark brown wolf towered over me about seven feet tall and I knew he was a Beta he didn't look as strongly built as my dad an Alpha. I knew why he was growling at me, because I was on his pack lands. I couldn't run up the hill fast enough to make it home so I saw the only logical thing to do was run away from pack boarders into no mans lands, so that's what I did thankfully it was only a few steps before I was on free Territory.

That was five months ago.
I cried harder, and the guard who must have had enough of my noise me being the only one in the cells other wolves being too scared to come into the territory. he slammed his hand against the bars hard they groaned in protest
"quiet down Runt" he hissed which only caused me to cry harder
I wasn't a Runt, I was the daughter of the second strongest Alpha in the world. I heard the cell door open but not close as the guard walked in he grabbed my hair tilting my head back to a painful angle, I cried out gripping his hand in my small ones, tears poured down my face as I whimpered and whined,
'is this really how other wolves treated each other?' i thought to myself staring at my jailer through blurry eyes 'i thought only parents did this'
"shut up" he seethed throwing me to the ground hard.
My head made contact with that concrete and I screamed out in pain as it shot through my body, the noise of my cries carrying through the quiet cell block echoing off the walls, the room fell quiet as I laid motionless on the ground in the hopes my jailer would leave I stared at the red patch on the concrete and puzzled over what it was;
it was blood, my blood
I let out a strangled whimper and I knew my jailer went to grab me until I heard a growl that was loud and threatening and the cracking of bones could be heard by even the deafest of creatures, and I was somehow convinced that they were my bones.
I began crying again only harder this time.
I curled up into a little ball, the pounding in my head worsening. I felt something soft on my back that brushed gently against the skin where my shirt had risen up.
"A-alpha" I heard someones trembling voice say,
I recognized him as the man who had hurt me moments ago, my jailer, there was another growl that silenced whatever conversation the man was going to start with whoever the Alpha was.
I whimpered stiffening as I felt something wet slide across the bare and bruised skin of my arm and then the bare skin of my back, I made myself smaller until something nudged against my back.
I turned my head slowly and hesitantly regretting that action as more tears poured down my face as I saw the large black wolf who radiated power and authority, I knew immediately that he was an Alpha as he loomed over me a soft look in his eyes so this was the Alpha the man was talking to.
he stared down at me with a look I couldn't understand, I whimpered, shrinking down on the ground he started purring nuzzling my body causing me to relax a little but I didn't move from the ground or the fetal position I had curled up into once more, I felt his tongue go over my forehead and I winced reefing away, it was really gross.
his eyes glazed over and he huffed causing me to flinch he whined at me nuzzling my face gently his fur was soft and comforting against my cold and clammy skin.
I heard the cell door open I looked up to see another man entered the cell handing the wolf a pair of pants, I shivered from fear as he leaned over me taking the clothes into his mouth I squeezed my eyes shut.
'what are they going to do to me?' i thought as the furriness of the wolf left my skin instantly making my body cold
I shuddered violently almost missing the contact, I heard a cracking noise and I cried out suddenly feeling so stupid I had seen wolves shift to human and then back again but it had been so long that I had forgotten what the cracking of bones sounded like. I heard clothes moving as I was soon enveloped in strong warm arms that lifted me off the ground and into the embrace of a warm body.

"a-Alpha?" I heard the man start again but a harsh growl silenced him,

"She's mine" the man carrying me growled out,

I flinched he held me tighter which actually made me feel safe and calm in his hold, I looked up at him my body shaking he looked down at me his eyes black obsidian showing that his wolf was still in control his chest started vibrating again in what felt like a purr.