Chapter Fifteen

Zoe POV

Night had well and truly fallen when I drove into the city of Sydney. I was looking for somewhere to stay, I found a hotel, and got myself a room for one night. I asked for directions to the Opera House so I could meet Luke there the next day at 1pm.

I got into my room, had a shower, washed my hair and turned the TV on. Elise was no longer with me, because once her parents found out she was on a road trip they drove up to the border of New South Wales to bring her home. 

I climbed into the soft bed and settled in for the night. 

~~~~~

The next morning, I got dressed, did my makeup and grabbed a coffee before I drove to the Opera House. I had breakfast at one of the cafe's nearby and I could feel someone staring at me; I looked around and hoped to find Luke, instead, I found Peter. My heart fell and my stomach twisted. He waved and walked over to me. 

"Hello, Zoe."

I nodded, "Professor."

He chuckled and flashed his wolfish grin, "I thought we agreed on 'Peter'."

"Maybe, I have tried to forget our encounter."

"Oh, why is that?" He looked hurt as he sat down opposite me and motioned for the waitress.

"We'll have a cold Mimosa and hot Eggs Florentine for the lady; hot coffee and the big breakfast with smoked salmon for me." He ordered.

The waitress nodded and hurried off; something about his tone hinted that she should hurry. 

"What are you doing here?" My voice getting angrier with each word.

"I could ask you the same thing; you're the one ditching University."

"It's Uni, no one takes attendance."

"I do."

I rolled my eyes.

"I felt like going for a road trip." I stated as I reached for a cigarette. 

"So did I." 

"You can't have the same reasoning."

"Fine, I wanted to talk to you."

"If it's in regards to my grades, you should've sent me an email."

"It's not in regards to anything to do with University."

"Then, what the fuck are you doing here, did you follow me?"

"Yes. Zoe, you're stylish, you're intelligent, a lot more intelligent than your grades reflect -"

"Wait, stop right there. Are you failing me on purpose?"

This was the first time he looked sheepish. 

"Your class is the only one I'm flunking in." I continued. 

He nodded. 

"So are you failing me on purpose, as some ploy to get me to talk with you?"