Chapter 6

At Kyle's place, Suzy was going crazy cleaning the house and preparing all sorts of dishes. When Zyliah went to reassure her that just two dishes were fine for her dad as long as they were filling, she was beat six times with a wooden spoon and sent away. Kyle's dad already knew that Marco was obsessed with cricket and football, and himself liked the two sports, he had put on sports channels on TV for them to watch. On the side table were juices, as per Zyliah's wish and chips. Zyliah and Kyle were outside, in the garden on a bench. They were holding hands and sitting in silence.
"Zee, what if something happened to me before we completed the bucket list?" Kyle asked.
"Kyle, shut up. You're not going anywhere. Not before nor after. You are going to be with us forever." She said facing him and putting a hand on his cheek. She felt tears fill her eyes. In the last month, she had somehow fallen in love with him. Just thinking of him not being here made her cry. Kyle seemed to notice the tears and hugged her. She cried, a lot. In the end, not knowing she said, "I love you. I don't want you to leave too. I want us to grow old together. I want us to live happily. Please don't go." He pulled away from her, looked into her eyes and said, "I love you too. I don't want to leave but I want you to live happily. I want you to find love and live on but at the same time, I want your heart to belong to me, like mine does to you." As he said this, a lone tear left his eye. Zyliah pulled away from him completely, wiped away the tear and leaned in for a kiss. As soon as their lips touched, they heard a loud scream and shouting. They held hands and quickly went inside. Inside the three parents were wrapped up in a group hug. Suzie had tears in her eyes and both the fathers had huge smiles on their faces.
"What happened?" Kyle asked.
"In college, we three were the best of friends. We were there at each other's weddings and all. Then he drifted away for work and family. Oh my God! You are Marco's daughter. But you are nothing like him. Where's Emma? And Tess?" Suzy asked Marco.
"They're not with us anymore. They... died?" Marco said the word 'died' in a slow, questioning manner because he knew Suzy's reaction. She looked at him, horrified and a tear left her eye. She loved Emma, Zyliah's mom and Tess, Zyliah's sister.
"How? Why didn't you tell me before? How could you raise your children alone, all the while staying in this town. How could you? But still, what... how?"
"There was a fire. I'll tell you the rest later. Let's catch up now." Marco said, giving Suzy a 'later' look. She understood and told the kids to go out and that they will be called when it's time for dinner.
The two went upstairs to Mary's room. She and Rupert were lying on their stomachs, hand in hand, reading something.
"Ahem. Get away from my sister this moment young man." Kyle said in a fake strict voice.
Without looking back, Rupert answered, "I could say the same to you, old man." Mary burst into giggles and Zyliah was smiling proudly at her brother.
"Touché. So what are you guys reading?" Kyle said pushing the two a side, to make space.
"We were just going through 'The Wish List'. I hope you don't mind. Also we added a few things I know you want to do but didn't write here." Mary replied, handing over the notebook to the elders.
'The Wish List'
1)Kiss on a beach, in water, with a sun setting in the background.
2) Skydive.
3) Visit-
China
India
France
Italy
Australia
Sweden
4) Go to a bar and get drunk.
5) Go to all the Disneylands.
6) Sing in public (like a concert).
7) Visit the seven wonders.
8) Meet someone famous.
9) Repaint the bedroom.
10) Scuba dive
11) Go to a concert
12) Help disabled people for a day.
13) Get a pet dog, preferably a lab or a beagle.
14) Visit an old age home.
15) Visit an orphanage.
16) Watch a movie in a drive in.
17) Watch a boxing match live.
18) Make a YouTube channel.
19) Give someone special a promise ring.
20) Try not to die a virgin. ;)
21) Graduate early.
22) Give useful stuff to the needy.
23) Make a photo album to capture each task.
After this, there was more stuff in a nice handwriting, with a different pen, indicating it was Mary's additions.
24) Make graffiti art.
25) Go to jail for a night.
26) Try, only TRY, drugs.
27) Buy a motorbike.
28) Sell a few paintings.
29) Love, laugh and live everyday left.
30) Die happily.
After reading the list, they started discussing it. They had booked flight tickets to China, from where in three days they would leave for India, start there for three more days and then fly to France. In three days time they would leave for Italy from there to Sweden and then to Australia, staying at each place for only three days.
Soon they heard Suzy call for them. They went down stairs and had dinner. After dinner, the kids asked the parents if they wouldn't mind only the kids go the beach for a long weekend.
"Of course you'll can go but I expect mature behavior from all four of you and no parties or alcohol." Suzy answered before the dads could say anything.
"Okay great. So we're leaving tomorrow at 9 in the morning so we can have all the time there." Mary said happily.
------------------------------------------------------
Hey guys!
Wassup you all?!
I'm sorry that I haven't updated forever but I was too busy...
Anyways, how did you guys like the bucket list. It was so hard to think of all this stuff.
How was the chapter? How do you feel about the parents being friends??
Anyways
Signing out
MidnightSpirit 🌌