Chapter 9

Hi....

Presenting chapter 9 which is dedicated to @jackie252525 :)

Pic on the side is of Cortez>>>

BTW, H&HP has crossed 10,000 reads and I love you all for that:) THANK-YOU!

****

“If you have good friends,
no matter how much life is sucking,
they can make you laugh.”
― P.C. Cast

DUNCAN P.O.V

Fifteen minutes later, I was still pacing in the living room of Sel’s apartment waiting, for her and her father. It was making me as well as my wolf anxious. Claudia, her mom was flipping pages of a magazine curiously. She had asked every possible question a mother could ask. She openly stated her unhappiness at the thought of my dad not handling me the title when I was 18. Her quote was, “Not what I expect from an Alpha as strong as Abraham” she said disappointed. Believe me; I used to think the same.

“What is taking them so long?” I asked out loudly.

“Uhm… they are talking about the recent episode of some serial in discovery channel” her mom said smiling at me and I frowned. “I have been hearing what they are saying” she said grinning.

It was true. When I tuned in to hear, Sel was happily explaining to her dad about the production of glass. I sighed and slumped on the couch.

“Funny aren’t they?” Claudia asked chuckling and I nodded. “I told you. She can never be angry with her pa”

“Yeah” I said because it was evident from inside. My cell phone started ringing and it was a call from Chris. “What?” I asked picking up the call.

“Sorry for disturbing you, but we wanted to inform you that we are going to visit the hotel where the murder took place” he said.

“Okay, I will be there soon” I said and cut the call.

“You have to leave?” Claudia asked me and I nodded.

Just then the room door opened and the father and daughter came outside. “You are still there?” Frank, her dad asked scrunching his nose.

I ignored him and walked towards Sel. “I have to leave for work” I said and she nodded.

“I will walk you out” she said and walked with me towards the door.

“How did your old man convince you?” I asked in a slow murmur, which was obviously audible to her dad because he growled.

“My pa" she said frowning at the old man part. “Well, he promised to come out with us today” she said grinning.

“Where are you going?”

“Amusement park” she said clapping her hands happily. “I haven’t been to one in a long time” she said and it worried me that she was going without any guards.

“Oh don’t worry. My pa’s guards will be around us” she added noticing my tensed look.

“Okay, just call me if you need anything okay?” I said and she agreed. “Good” I said. I then pulled her towards me and smashed my lips against her soft ones, before she could protest. There was a loud growl from her father but I ignored it. Pulling away, I pecked her lips once more and turned to look at her father.

“She is my mate and you have to get used to it because I will be kissing your daughter again and again Alpha Norwood” I said smirking and walked out of the door after smiling warmly at her mom.