Chapter 11

Presenting to you all, Chapter 11 of Hunter & his Prey which is dedicated to @Anina0 :)

Pic on the side >>>

****

“The best secrets are the most twisted” ― Sara Shepard, Twisted

DUNCAN P.O.V

After a long, hard, tiring day from work I decided to go to meet Sel. It was almost two weeks since I have met her and I already am addicted to her. Her delightful strawberry like scent calms me down immediately and when I look at that smile of hers all my tiredness of the day will vanish in a flash.

Look, how poetic I sound? I thought.

I want Sel with me. I want her to live with me but I didn’t ask her that because she lives with Darya who is a child and quite reliant on Sel. I have never seen Sel leave Darya and go anywhere. One or the other will always be with Darya. If Sel and I go out, Darya goes to stay with Cortez or Granel but she is never alone.

They all are very protective about her. I really find her strange. She smiles and talks to me but always maintain a good distance, it’s like she is still scared of me. I am not great with children but I don’t harm them either. I just stay away from them. But for some unknown reason I don’t want Darya to hate me. I always think it’s because she shares my mother’s name but I know there is more to it.

Coming back to Sel, the girl is enough to drive me crazy. My wolf always whines for her at night. Since I had already marked her I know she will go into her heat soon and the thought makes me excited and nervous at the same time.

Of course, I am excited at the thought of making her all mine, forever but I am nervous because I don’t want to hurt Sel in my excitement. What if she is not ready for it? What if she feels I am forcing her into this? She wasn’t very pleased when I marked her and she had told me that too. I just hope she doesn’t feel like she is being forced into anything because then I would die of guilt.

In past I could have any girls I want but Sel is different. I want her to want me, just as much as I want her. Just as much as I need her.

I don’t want her hurt, ever. The taught itself is painful and that is why despite her protests, I had asked Nick to guard her. She calls and complains about it every day but today she didn’t call me and it was bothering me.

‘Nick’ I called him through the link.

‘Ya?’

‘Where is Sel?’ I asked him.

‘She and her roommate just reached the apartment.’

‘Did she see you?’

‘She did, but she just smiled and waved at me’ he said in a scared tone probably afraid that I am going to growl at him for that.