Chapter 13

Hi Everyone,

HAPPY DEEPAVALI:D Be safe and enjoy the festival of light:D

3rd November is here and today is my PAPA'S BIRTHDAY :D:D:D

And yeah, Finally Chapter 13 is here:D This chapter is dedicated to @kawaii_hime23 :D

Pic on the side>>> (Arrow fans, please don’t come to hit me. I love Stephen Armell too and I think he is the perfect choice for Leo :D)

******

“ I think that most people would
rather face the light of a real
enemy than the darkness of
their imagined fears.
Max Brooks

DUNCAN P.O.V

I couldn’t stop growling after I came to know the truth about Cortez Moreland. He is either O himself or is associated with O. He was involved in the attack on Sel.

He cocked his head to the side as if he was scanning me and then curved his lips to form an evil grin. I snarled at his behavior.

As soon as I had heard the sound of the whistle, I knew he was allied to O but knowing it was Cortez Moreland made me furious. He is Sel’s friend and he came to see her after she was stabbed, when all this time he knew who stabbed and hurt Sel.

I can’t believe that guy. He was the guy who stole Emma’s uniform. The guy that got into the she-wolf’s back. There was nothing to deny it now. It was him. Cortez Moreland.

Closing my car door forcefully, I glared at him. Cortez stood rooted in his spot and continued flashing that irritating smirk. When I was about to cross the street and beat the shit out of the guy, a huge truck appeared out of nowhere which forced me to step back. The truck took its own sweet time to come to an halt, and by the time I walked past it, it had given Cortez Moreland enough time to disappear from the place where he was standing and smirking. Only his car was present in the parking area.

Crossing the road swiftly, I got into the parking area. Closing my eyes and taking a deep breath, I tried to trace his scent. Since he had just disappeared his scent was detectible.

I opened my eyes and looked at the direction where he had escaped. He had turned and ran towards the backyard of the hotel, where he had jumped and crossed the compound wall. I ran through the same track as his.

I followed his tracks and I had to admit the guy was fast. I was running in the exact track as his which was now in the middle of the woods.

I opened my mind link for my pack and connected with Vernon. ‘Yes Alpha’ I heard him saying.

‘It’s Cortez Moreland. He is involved with O. Go to his room and check every nook and corner.’ It was a good thing that Cortez was in the same building as I was.

‘Alpha Cortez Moreland?’ Vernon asked with disbelief.

‘Yes. But don't spread the news around' I growled.

‘I will do it Alpha’ he said and I blocked him from the link.

Running through Cortez's tracks, I stopped when I reached the road. His scent was faint and I knew someone helped him with a ride. Probably that she-wolf or the guy who stabbed Sel.

I don’t know how but I couldn’t trace which direction the car went too. Taking a deep breath I tried again when some intoxicating floral scent hit me. Scrunching up my nose, I frowned. I frowned because my wolf was finding some serenity in the scent. The bastards had sprayed some perfume and it infuriated me but my wolf was attracted to the scent.