Chapter 22

Merry Christmas Everyone:D

Here is chapter 22 which is dedicated to @iz6202 :D

Pic on the right is of>>>

*****

“Don’t blame the hunter if you aren’t paying attention enough to spot the traps.” 
― T.T. Escurel
, The Conservancy

ORSELINE P.O.V

“So you told him everything?” Granel asked Darya and she nodded slowly. We were in Alpha Peter’s house. Once we picked Darya up from Duncan’s pack, we headed straight here. I saw Darya stealing glances at me while we were returning but I maintained and silence and didn’t speak anything. She did try to talk to me, however when I gave cold replies, she seemed to get the message.

I was more than furious; I was actually worried what might have happened to her when she ran away like that to meet Duncan. First, I was worried about the rogues and then I was worried about Duncan. How he might have reacted to the information she was going to share with him. I didn’t want him hurting her and not believing her after she tells him the truth about herself. When I had gone to tell him the truth, he didn’t even give me a chance to speak and I was really scared what will he do to Darya, a young pup, even though she doesn’t like being called one. She might be gifted but she still isn’t as strong as in her wolf form because she still has to learn a lot. Her wolf is a pup and we all know how a toddler reacts when we give it a crayon. The toddler draws everywhere and doesn’t know where to stop. With Darya we have the similar problem. She is still learning to control her gift. She doesn’t know how to use it commendably.

“Did he believe you when you said you are his sister?” Alpha Peter asked her.

“He… he…” Darya stuttered.

“He took her blood for a DNA test” I said cutting her off. I was furious to know Duncan would do such a thing. His dad had done the same thing, all though he didn’t take a test; he did fool us and called us so that he could take Darya’s blood samples for the test.

“It’s reasonable from his point of view” Granel said. “Duncan and everyone in his pack believe their Luna lost her second child. We should not forget that they were made to believe so by Marvin. So, it’s justifiable why Duncan did what he did. Anyone in his shoes would do the same” Granel said and I nodded. I knew he was telling that mainly to me because I was angry as to why he did that.

“Dis he believe you when you told him about what his dad did?” Tyson asked her.

“He didn’t… but he didn’t try talking against it either” Darya replied. “I am sure if he digs his office, he might get more proofs against… dad” she said slowly.

Darya hesitated a little and then said dad because she was still adjusting to the fact that her parents were not her real parents and that she was taken away from her family as a child.