Outcasts {3}

“Hey Lea!” Josiah said as he approached the table.

                “Hey Josiah!” Lea greeted. She noticed me and her eyes widened. “No way! Is Jules sitting here?!”

                “You know Jules?” Josiah asked in surprise.

                “Yea! We have first period together!” she said.

                “Heh, oh yea. I forgot you had Mrs. Barton first period,” Josiah said, sitting down and motioning at me to copy him.

                I sat down next to Josiah and set my lunch on the table. Lea and Josiah pulled out their lunches as well. Josiah looked up and smiled.

                “Guys! Jules is going to be sitting with us from now on,” he said.

                I turned in my seat and was surprised. Chance bounced up and down eagerly, and Jimm sighed. He placed a hand on Chance’s shoulder and forcibly held him down.

                “We had last period with Jules! And she sat next to me third period!” he said, pointing at me before sitting down with Jimm.

                “But I’m a b-”

                “Jules, this is Chance and this is Jimm,” Josiah said, pointing at them and ignoring my gender claim. “And I guess you already know Lea.”

                “YAY NEW FRIEND!” Chance cheered.

                “Chance, stop yelling in my ear,” Jimm said, whacking him in the arm.

                “Ouchies! Lea, Jimm hit me!” Chance whined, jabbing his finger at Jimm accusingly.

                “Jimm, stop hitting Chance!” Lea said sternly.

                “It’s because he doesn’t have a soul,” Josiah said.

                “Will you quit it?” Jimm said in annoyance, raking a hand through the shock of orange hair on his head.

                “Oh, I want a drink. Come on Jimm!” Chance jumped up and grabbed Jimm’s arm, dragging Jimm with him to get a drink.

                “Are they brothers?” I asked. They had extremely similar facial features.

                “Yep, they’re brothers. Even though Jimm usually wants to kill Chance,” Josiah said, laughing.

                The brothers returned to the table, each with a drink in hand. They sat down and I eyed them again. Other than their hair and eye color, they were pretty similar. Though the mature look on Jimm’s face and the childish one on Chance’s face gave away which one was older.

                “So how has your first day been going Jules?” Lea asked.

                “It’s been pretty good,” I said. “I like it here.”

                “Have the guys been all over you?” she asked.

                “Uh…no. But I’m not a g-”

                “Of course they’ll be all over her! Look at her!” Chance cried, gesturing at me wildly. “I’m surprised Jimm isn’t already proposing!”