Outcasts {4}

“Come along Jules!” Josiah said cheerfully, dragging me through the hallway. The final bell had just rung.

                I had 8th period with Josiah, Lea, and Jimm, and 9th period with Josiah. I guess I was going to be stuck with them throughout my day.

                “Why are you dragging me? You don’t even know where my car is parked,” I said as I stumbled along after him.

                “Nope, but we need to meet up with everyone at our lockers first,” he said, tugging me down the senior hallway and over to the other three.

                “We’ll meet you guys at our house,” Jimm said.

                “YAY HANGING OUT AT OUR HOUSE!” Chance cried in excitement.

                “Let’s all walk down to the parking lot already!” Lea said, motioning at the back doors of the school.

                The five of us made our way outside and down the hill to the parking lot. Jimm and Chance waved to us as they turned to get in a car.

                “Well boys, see you at Jimm and Chance’s house,” Lea said, winking at us as she unlocked a car and climbed inside of it.

                “Where’s your car?” Josiah asked curiously.

                “Right there,” I said, pointing at my car and unlocking it.

                We got in and I plugged in my iPod, pulling out of the parking lot. Josiah was flicking through my iPod, trying to find a song to listen to.

                “That white car right there is Jimm and Chance. Just follow that for a little,” he said.

                “What? If I could just follow them, then why did you need to ride with me?” I asked.

                “Because they have a habit of going over the speed limit while managing to never get in trouble for doing so. If you try to keep up with them, you’ll get a speeding ticket,” he said.

                As soon as he finished speaking, as if on cue, the white car in front of me sped up, switching lanes and passing cars at rapid pace. I sighed, realizing that Josiah was right.

                “Why do they get away with speeding?” I asked.

                “Their dad is the police chief. All the cops who pull people over for speeding recognize their car and usually let them go, as long as they’re not driving too fast,” Josiah said, settling for a Skillet song.

                “Uh…isn’t that not fair?” I asked.

                Josiah shrugged. “Well, they just sped by a cop car,” he said, pointing at the car waiting near the road for speeders. “I guess you’ll get to see what happens when their dad finds out they’ve been speeding again.”

                Josiah directed me until we pulled up to a nice house. I parked in the driveway and got out of the car, Josiah copying me.

                Jimm and Chance were sitting on the hood of their car, watching us as we walked up to them. Lea was leaning against her car, also watching us.

                “Hey slowpokes,” she greeted.

                “He took a wrong turn!” Josiah said, pointing at me.