Behind the Colour ~ An Interview with Athira

< Music plays and the lights come on. Two women are sitting on opposite couches angled towards the camera. The host, a stunning blonde woman wearing a blue dress, is on the right couch, eagerly leaning forward and smiling at the camera. Her guest, a short, dark-haired woman in a Purple Keeper suit, slumps back into the cushions with arms crossed and one leg over the other, looking anything but happy to be there. >

Lani: Hello and welcome back to Behind The Colour -- the only talk show in Sirah that really asks the questions that the viewers want to know! Today I'm joined by Indigo's newest Keeper: Athira Dukehart! Thanks for your time tonight, I'm sure all the viewers at home and in the studio appreciate it!

Athira: Oh good. We aren't completely wasting our time here.

< Lani settles into her cushion, not the least bit put off. >

Lani: So, Athira. First question we have for you tonight, why is it that you share Raph's last name? Is that coincidence, or are you related?

Athira: Raph's family was nice enough to take me in. I was registered under their name because I didn't have one of my own. Speaking of Raph, I'm going to kill you later for making me do this.

Lani: Would your adopted brother being Indigo's lead Keeper have anything to do with your rather sudden appearance? One of our most asked questions is where you came from, if you had any formal Keeper training prior to your initiation?

Athira: I did six months when I was fourteen.

Lani: Six months? Isn't the usual requirement three years?

Athira: Probably.

Lani: We've heard from a few sources that you were able to beat your team's managing Elite in your combat trial, can you confirm that for us?

Athira: Yep.

Lani: Any details on the fight you'd like to give us? Any words for the defeated Elite?

< Athira goes quiet for a moment, like she's talking to someone else. When she speaks again, there's a strange note in her voice. >

Athira: Not anymore.

< Lani swipes her tablet as Athira speaks, a smile still fixed on her face. >

Lani: The next question we have for you is something I don't think I've ever had to ask anyone before. Our viewers would like to know about your lack of social media accounts--the only glimpses we see of you online is from your team, particularly Zoe and Shift. The only thing we've seen from you is an account that Zoe seems to have set up that hasn't been used since. Why is that?

Athira: Well, Lani, I'm a fairly busy person. I use the time that I would otherwise spend online doing other very important things.

Lani: Like what?

Athira: Like staring at the wall. It's about as interesting and definitely more productive in the long run.

Lani: But how do you plan to appease your growing number of fans?

Athira: I don't.

Lani: Perhaps you could ask Shift for a few pointers, we all know that he's got us wrapped around his little finger, don't we audience?

< The camera pans over the audience, who go beserk cheering and waving signs around, several of which involve love confessions and the hashtag #ShiftMe. Athira rolls her eyes. >

Lani: You wouldn't want to disappoint them, would you?

Athira: There's at least ten in that audience who have sent me death threats over the past few weeks for breathing in Shift's general direction. Besides, I'm good at disappointing people. Are you disappointed in this interview yet?

< Lani grins. >

Lani: Not at all, Athira! It's been enlightening so far, to say the least. But I am curious--on the subject of Shift, several of our viewers have speculated that there might be something... more growing between you two. Care to confirm or deny anything there?

Athira: Pretty sure anything I say isn't going to sway opinions either way anyway. I'll let you all think what you want.

Lani: You do realise that isn't a denial, right?

Athira: How observant of you. You're truly the hard-hitting journalism that Sirah needs, Lani. I can't believe I ever doubted you.

Lani: I've kept you talking, haven't I?

Athira: Only because Raph said if I didn't spend at least five minutes talking to you, he was going to make me do it again.

Lani: Surely you, the Keeper who won her combat trial, couldn't be ordered around by her team leader? Speaking of which, if that's true, why aren't you the lead Keeper of Indigo now?

Athira: Because Raph's the leader. What kind of dumb question is that?

Lani: Well--

Athira: Not to mention, what are any of these questions? Elite HQ was attacked a few days ago, and you're all more concerned with gossip and whether you still have a chance with Shift. Why don't I have social media accounts? Am I only a Keeper because I have Raph's last name? What colour underpants do I have on right now? Who knows!

< Athira sits up, places one hand on the back of the couch and vaults over, walking off the stage. >

Athira: That's five minutes. Thanks for having me, let's never do this again.

< Athira exits the stage, leaving a slightly stunned Lani on her couch, one hand hovering over her tablet. She quickly recovers, once again throwing a dazzling smile at the camera. >

Lani: Well, I don't think anyone can say that wasn't interesting, right? The one and only, likely ever, interview with Indigo's new Purple Keeper, right here on Behind the Colour, the one place that can always find the truth behind every rumour and the answer to every question! We'll be right back after a short break, stay tuned!

*+*+*+*

  Was that five minutes? As far as Athira's concerned it was, but if there's more questions you'd like to ask her, we might just be able to convince her to come back for a quickfire round. Say, at least five? The power is in your hands.

Note from Lani: The next interview will be with Reader, one of Sirah's elusive criminals. If you have any questions you'd like answered, feel free to leave a comment below and we'll be sure to ask him!

... When we can find him, of course. 

*+*+*+*

A/N - Some of you might be aware that I have a blog/website thing now for authoring and other Kelsey related stuff. Anything not-legit will be posted to the blog, and then it'll be posted here a week later ^_^ It'll include scenes, character interviews, all kinds of stuff, especially suggestions from you guys and not just from Indigo ^_^ 

www.kelseysryan.com  in case you'd like to check it out with all the amazing art <3 

 If you have any questions for Reader, literally anything, ask here ;D CHALLENGE ME--HIM--WHATEVER.