ShadowSong Fluff

Post-reveal for both of them, fairly recent.

*+*+*+*

Both of them were exhausted by the time they reached Olivia's balcony.

Olivia climbed off Cryo's back, still clutching Viri's sleeping form and knowing she wasn't far off it herself. "Thank you, Cryo."

"My pleasure," he said gently.

The breeze ruffled his hair in the silent night of shadows that shrouded them, protecting this brief moment of calm they'd found themselves in. Olivia found herself staring at him, unable to quite look away. She was caught in the glimmer of light on his shards of ice, the soft curve of his mouth as he smiled at her--for her. Cryo--Jason--was smiling for her.

The simple idea of that was enough for that warm, fuzzy feeling to bloom across her body. Still watching him, she stepped backwards towards her balcony door when exhaustion caught up with her. She stumbled, managing to catch herself on the wall.

"You've worked yourself too hard," Cryo said with a frown. "You told me that I needed a break not too long ago, and now I'm telling you that you need one."

"I'll be fine after some sleep," said Olivia, trying to convince herself that her legs didn't feel like jelly. She yawned. "I'll be--"

Cryo moved forward and scooped her up before she could argue. With a graceful movement he opened the door and carried Olivia inside her room. Her arms were still wrapped around his neck as he walked to the side of her bed, folded back the covers and placed her down. Olivia didn't resist him, laying her head down on the pillow as he tucked her inside her blankets.

He stroked back her hair, a look in his eyes that she couldn't even begin to describe for the sheer wonder of it. "I'll see you tomorrow, Oli... Bans--?" He cleared his throat. "I'll see you tomorrow, Shadowheart."

Cryo went to pull back his hand when Olivia reached out and grabbed him by the wrist.

"No," she said, not entirely sure why. "Stay. Please?" The shock on Cryo's face had her cheeks catching fire. Olivia let the words keep tumbling out of her mouth. "I--I don't want to be alone just yet. I want you to stay, for at least a little while longer." She snatched her own hand back as another thought struck her. "Unless--unless you don't want to, then that's fine, and I'll--"

Cryo turned back to her and sat down on the side of her bed. Once again, his hand was back on her head, his fingers running through her hair the perfect bliss. She wriggled over to one side of her bed to make room for him as he leaned down towards her.

"I won't leave you if you don't want me to," he murmured against her forehead before pressing a kiss to her skin.

"I don't want you to."

*+*+*+*

When morning came, Sae was up with the sun.

He stretched his wings out and fluffed his feathers, willfully oblivious to the shower of snow that he sent flying everywhere. It was a beautiful morning, especially considering he wasn't in Jason's usual bland, boring room.

"Gooooood morning, Viri," said Sae, catching sight of Banshee's Ascended by the balcony window. "By Starsong's grace, I never thought I'd be saying that for several more years, if ever with the way these two were going."

"Shh!" said Viri, zipping through the air and wrapping a hand around Sae's beak, much to his displeasure. "You'll wake them!"

"Oh, psht," said Sae, shaking his tail. "They're dead to the world. There's no way they're waking up, at least until their alarms go off and his mother wants to know where he was all night."

But truthfully, Sae didn't want them to wake up, either. It warmed his little frozen heart to see such a peaceful look on Jason's face, to see his arms around Olivia as she curled into his chest. Just to see them both together, no more secrets, no more pretending. Both snuggled under the covers--something Sae and Viri had had absolutely nothing to do with and may Starsong herself curse them if they were lying.

Sae retracted that last thought. Okay. Please no actual cursing. He went dim and he looked colder than Cryo does so I had to take care of my boy. He glanced at the sky. With no sign of retribution, he assumed that Starsong had zero qualms about the slight nudge the Ascended had given their Luminaries.

"Well, Viri," said Sae, puffing out his chest. She gave him a quizzical look. "I think it's safe to say that ShadowSong is finally a thing."

And then the Ascended high-fived and sailed off on a ship of rainbows and dreams into the sunrise.

*+*+*+*  

A/N - Can you tell that I had no idea how to end this without getting into super-spoiler territory *cough* 

HAVE SOME SUPER SHORT FLUFF <3 

Bonus: The song that is one of the four I consider the theme songs for ShadowSong because I listen to them so much while writing it X)  Also yes it's a miraculous video how do you think i found it 

THERE'S SOMETHING BEAUTIFUL, HIDING IN THE SHADOWS~ 

SO SET THE WORLD ON FIREEE

LET'S BURN A LITTLE BIT BRIGHTER NOW~ <3