Chapter 2: Found You

Nakajima Yuto, age 20, lives in Tokyo prefecture. He has one brother currently in his 2nd year in high school. His mom is a housewife while his father is a business man. Yuto is taking up a bachelor's degree in Music and studies at Tokyo University.

"Yuto! Good morning!" A person approached just before he could enter his classroom. The lad was blonde with pink highlights and crooked teeth but damn it suited him well.Yuto heard his name being called and turns back to see his senpai and bandmate.

"We have a practice at 6pm." He gave Yuto a light tap on the shoulder and a toothy grin.

"Sure thing Hikaru-kun." Yaotome Hikaru is not only the president of the journalism club but he is also the leader of the most famous band in the university 'Compass Rose'.

Yuto is the drummer and Hikaru is the bassist and lyricist. Their band performs in various school activities and events and they always leave the crowd in awe.

Yuto was about to enter his classroom when Hikaru called him again. "Did you forget something Hikaru-kun?" He asked him.

"Umm. I'm bringing my underclassman later to practice. He wants to interview us."

"For what?"

"For his report. He's a journalism major student and they have this project to write an article about any topic in school and he has chosen us as his topic." Yuto got into thinking. Their band might be getting more famous if someone wanted to interview them. They do have fans but Yuto never expected they would be talked about.The band was humble in their own way.

"Ok. I don't see why that's a problem." Yuto gave a smile and went on ahead inside his class. Good thing class wasn't starting yet or else he'll have another sermon from his professor.
---

I love music. I breathe music. I live it. The first instrument I ever had was a drum kit. When I received it, I really didn't know what I would do with it. I didn't ask for one so when I did have it, I just kept on banging and creating noise in the house but I did enjoy banging and hitting my drums. Rather than seeing it as noise, I saw it as a heart. A heart that beats knowing it lives and is breathing.

"Yuto!" I heard my name being called. I took my headphones off and looked at the door. Hikaru was looking at me while walking closer.

"Did you call my name?" I asked him. I was playing the drums with my headphones on so I couldn't hear anything besides the beat. "Yes. I was. Five times already as a matter of fact." I smiled sheepishly as a sign of apology. Hikaru-kun seated himself on the sofa and browsed through the magazines on the small coffee table. It was already an old issue and I bet he has already read it a couple of times before. Well, it is the only magazine available on our table. Maybe I should buy new ones if I have the time to do so.

"Where's your underclassman?" I looked around to see if anyone was behind Hikaru-kun but he came alone. "Oh he just ran some errands for the journalism club. He'll be here in a little while." I nodded my head and tried to get back to practicing when Hikaru-kun called my attention again.

"Where are the others."

"I don't really know. I was the first one to arrive so maybe they haven't been here yet." I twirled my drum stick on the spaces of my fingers before starting to drum again.

Our band is called "Compass Rose". We have been together for 3 years already. It started when Hikaru-kun and Inoo-chan were in their freshmen years at Tokyo Uni while I was on my last year of highschool. Inoo Kei is my cousin from my mom's side. He was studying at Tokyo U but after a year he transferred to Meiji University. He plays the piano and is awesome with it.