Waine...Whine...Same Difference

A/N
Above is Waine Leo, as you all know that's your ex boyfriend. Nothing more. I'll stop wasting time....

Soda looked at me, startled.

"Why, why is he saying he likes...no, LOVES you." Soda asked.

I tensed again, seeing how hurt Soda was.

I sighed, "That's my ex boyfriend. I broke up with him because he couldn't handle long distance relationships. To be honest, I don't even like him anymore! But he thinks I do..."

"How handsome is he?" Soda choked.

I laughed, "Nothing compared to you."

I rubbed his hair and smiled at how soft it was. He was still upset, I could tell. But I needed to call Waine back to tell him how I felt. If he still thought I liked him, how could I live!

I picked up my cellphone again, I had it resting against a pillow, and dialed his number.

"Hello?" I put it on speaker so everyone could hear.

"Hi, this is Alex." I said.

"Alex! Why didn't you pick up before? That's right, you prefer voicemails. To much work to listen to people's conversations."

I was shocked to see he remembered that about me. Everyone else gasped at it too.

"So, Waine, I just wanted to tell you something about...us."

"I knew you'd take me back! I even bought you roses and chocolates and sent them to your new address. Cheesy gestures are what you love most."

I looked at Soda, who's gaze was motionless staring at the phone screen. Waiting for Waine to say something else about me.

"No, Waine, that's not what I..."

He cut me off, "Alex, you mean the world to me! I can't believe I'm so lucky to have you! I have to go, buying you a special black sweatshirt you saw in a magazine once. Bye babe!"

He hung up.

Soda was still staring at the phone, minutes after the call ended. He looked away, but never met my gaze.

~~~~
Days passed and I hadn't left that bed, Darry said I suffered s major concussion and I was still recovering. 3 more days I had been there, 3 more days without Soda speaking a word to me.

"Soda, please, talk to me." I yelled at him later that 3rd day.
"Tell me what I did wrong!"

He growled, "Why don't you ask Whine."

"Really? So this is about Waine? I told you I didn't like him, and you heard me trying to explain that!" I screamed. It didn't hurt anymore.

"Waine, Whine, same difference." He grumbled.

Tears formed in my eyes, I seemed to have a thing for crying.

"If you feel that way, why don't I just leave then! I feel fine already!" I yelled.

"Why don't you! I would've left but your blocking me. My leg feels just great!" He said, back still turned to me.

"Fine." I started crying.

I tore up the covers and ran out of the room. Darry had came in earlier and said my mom had already traveled to Rhode Island, across the U.S. again, to see her dearest friend. I didn't feel like going home anyways. I heard Soda yelling for me, telling me he didn't mean it.

I kept running, running, running, right out the front door. Dally seemed like a good option now, and I knew where to go. I ran right down to that corner store and flung myself into his arms. I knew he would be there.

"Hey, baby, what brings you here?" I took a long drag on his cigarette.

"My ex boyfriend thinks we are still dating, Soda hates me, my mom is already across the U.S, I'm so confused!" I cried.

"It's okay, wanna come to that movie thing at the drive in with me tonight?" Dally asked.

I sniffled, "Why not...everyone else hates me."

"Cool, meet me here, 9." He took another drag.

He let me go and walked away. I had no instinct to follow him, I didn't care too. I just walked towards Sodas, but didn't go there. I saw a park on the way to Dally's hangout, and I decided to spend the night or nights by the swings until the movie.

-Time Skip-

I woke up and checked my golden watch, 8:30pm. I had half an hour until I had to meet Dally. I got off the ground and sat on the swings beside me. The creaking of the swings joined in by the choir of crickets and cool breeze made a lovely evening. The sky was filled with a million tiny stars.

"Hey, your that girl." A familiar voice whispered.

I turned around, seeing Johnny, that quiet member of the gang.

"Yeah...hey Johnny." I said, turning back around.

He walked and sat on swing beside me.

"Why are you out here so late, don't you have your place or Sodas?" He asked.

I looked down, "My mom left the state, and she had the only key to the house. Soda hates me now, my stupid ex boyfriend ruined everything."

"I have experience with bad things," he replied.

"Yeah, Pony told me you got beat up by Socs... What are Socs?" I asked.

He gulped and looked at me, then I noticed a deep gash in his cheek.

"Socs, rich kids. Always wearing madras and nice shoes and nothing at all like us." He responded.

"But you guys are so nice... So they must be mean. Pony said Cherry is a Soc, but she isn't at all mean." I thought out loud.

He sighed, "Her and Marcia are the good ones, so is Randy. The others ain't so great, don't like em. Always causing trouble."

I looked at my watch again, "8:45."

"What's so special bout that?" Johnny asked.

"I'm meeting Dally at the corner at 9 to head to the drive in." I admitted.

His eyes went wide, "Dallas? I don't think you want to do that... He's not exactly friendly."

"I can do whatever I want. And right now I want to meet Dally. Bye Johnny." I said, getting off the swing and heading towards the corner store.

"But Alex..." I heard Johnny choke as I walked away.

A/N

Ok guys...so how was this chapter! A whopping 1101 words! I'm really liking this story, and for you people who read my other stories, sorry. This one has been consuming me and I'm having writers block for those. This one I have plenty ideas. I better go figure out something to write those before you guys who read them strangle me! Bye, see you next chapter!