Month 1

I yawned, waking up in the daily routine as I had for a couple of weeks now. Candace, my nurse, walked in at exactly the same time as every morning.

"It's been a month, Alex." She said sweetly, "Not long to go now."

I rolled my eyes, "Yeah right. A month is longer than you think when your coped up in a bed."

She smirked, and I shot her a curious glance. Turning her lips into a nice smile, she unplugged me from the devices that have been hooked into me for the past month. She cleaned the spots with alcohol and bandages where the needles entered my skin.

"Uh, Candace, what are you doing?" I questioned, "You aren't supposed to take those out."

With a giggle, she reasoned, "Yes, but don't you want to head home to Soda?"

I gulped, Soda. He came to visit me non-stop for a week. On that Saturday, he told me he had to work more than usual, Darry was working 3 jobs, and Pony had homework that was troubling for him. He couldn't come to see me anymore.

"I do," I replied wearily, "But I have another MONTH."

She laughed, "Alex, you're free to go. You're recovery time was mixed with someone else."

I leaped up, and almost fell on my butt. Candace, laughing, helped me up.

"Oh and by the way, no straining your leg for at least a week. You still need a bit of rest, but practice walking."

I smiled, hugging her, and left the room.

~~~~~
I finally finished all the paperwork for getting out of that damn hospital, and was already in front of the Curtis' front gate. I could hear laughing and cheering, and wondering if hey really missed me at all.

"Here go nothing." I gulped.

This front pathway was the one that landed me in that cushy, bright place with floors way too polished to be safe.

I opened the door and stood in the doorway, observing the scene before me. 3 chocolate cakes were out on a table, the 4th being tossed around and eaten by the gang. The boys wore nothing but pants, shorts uncovering and revealing somewhat toned bodies.

I cleared my throat and the scene stopped. The boys: Pony, Steve, Twobit, Johnny, and Darry sitting in the kitchen, looked at me with curiosity.

"I'm seeing things." Pony stated dryly.

Twobit shook his head, "Nope Pony, I see 'er too."

Suddenly, the person I've been longing to see walked out his bedroom with a slice of cake in hand. He threw it at the back of Ponyboy.

"Guys why did we sto- do you guys see what I'm seeing?" He gulped. 

Steve nodded, "Buddy, I'm not sure if we are alright. She hasn't moved."

I waved at them and shot a nervous smile, making the gang erupt into cheers.

"YOU'RE ALIVE!" Pony pumped a first I TO the air.

I giggled, "Yeah, they got my recovery mixed with someone else. So here I am."

Pony, Steve, and Twobit all embraced me in a bone-crushing hug. Darry saluting me humorously from behind the Kitchen counter. Soda hasn't moved, in shock I presumed.

"Soda, this is your girlfriend here. Aren't you going to say anything." Pony said harshly.

Soda shrugged and walked into his bedroom. I felt my eyes brim with tears and before I could stop myself I collapsed into a ball of tears.

"Oh gosh," Twobit replied.

I realized something, and wiped my tears away harshly. A deep scowl formed on my face as I stormed to his bedroom.

"Alex don't do anything stupid-" Steve warned.

I barged in and was face to face with a surprised Soda.

All my feelings erupted, "SODAPOP CURTIS. I had hurt myself, landed in the hospital, and would've spent 2 months there completely isolated in that hell hole without you. When I finally return, you shrug it off? I've been wanting to see you since that Saturday that you left, and I haven't stopped thinking of you since! If you don't feel the same, say something now!"

He gulped and wrapped me in a big hug. I tensed up and didn't do anything back.

"Alex... I'm going mad! I've been seeing you everywhere and I thought my brothers and pals were playing a joke on me." He cried out.

I hugged back, "You've been seeing me everywhere?"

He nodded into my neck and I smiled, "I'm glad. Otherwise I'd have to beat the tar out of you."

He laughed, "That speech was pretty close to it. I love you more Han words can describe, Alex."

I kissed his lips gently, "I feel the same."