Mr. Hot Shot Dolly

A/N
Nothing to say...just that this chapter is SUPER long!!! 👍😂

Finally, I stopped kissing him. His eyes just shone against the bright morning sun.

"Soda...I'm so sorry." I said.

I closed my eyes for a long blink and a tear slid down my cheek. When I opened them Soda was wiping it off...a small half-smile on his face, glowing with affection.

"There's no need to apologize. I snapped... and I feel just terrible. You know I love you." He replied.

I choked back more tears, not letting them flow, "You don't need to tell me anymore, Soda. I..."

"You don't need tah tell her nothin, Soda. She loves me now...you no good traitor." Someone cut me off from behind.

Soda looked up and glared. He put his arm around my shoulder and squeezed me in tight. I rested me head against his shoulder and closed my eyes.

"Alex." Soda said, not moving my position. "That's what I wanted to talk about. I saw you at the drive in last night, Dally's arm comfortably around you."

From his shoulder, I muffled, " It's my fault Soda, I was having a rough time. He was just comforting me..."

I turned to face Dally, looks him straight in the eyes, "I feel NOTHING for him."

Dally grinned and grabbed his heart, faking an internal pain.

"Oh, baby, you crushed my heart! What am I going to do without you?" He cried out sarcastically, laughing afterwards.

I was shocked, "What are you talking about! I know you like me..."

"Your just hopeless. Why don't you admit you like me, and get over it? Im digging that new girl in town, Laurie, she's a dame." Dally snarled.

Soda stepped forward, "You know Darry's the first one to find out about anyone new in town. He doesn't know of no Laurie."

"Maybe Darry doesn't visit Socville, Mr. Hot Shot. Go off with your frickin broad, I'll be visiting Buck's with LAURIE." Dally barked.

He broke off the top of the beer bottle he was drinking and when he got to the street, smashed it on the ground, muttering something.

All of a sudden, Soda started laughing like a feather-man was tickling him.

"What's so funny?" I humphed.

In between fits of laughter, he said, "He so digs you! Dally doesn't go in 'Soc-Ville,'no matter how tough he is. And Darry knows first hand everyone who moves into this town before they know he exists. Dally's mad that I have you and he doesn't."

There was one word to sum up that paragraph of speech,"Jealous?"

He stopped laughing, a confused glimmer in his expression.

"What's that mean?" He asked.

It was my turn to laugh, "You don't know what jealous means? Jelly? Totes Jelly?"

He scratched his head, "Why are we talking about sandwich spreads?"

"Do you know what sweet-talking is?" I asked, curious. Did he think hat it was talking about treats?

He smirked, "Yup. Saying nice things in order to get what you want, usually a gal."

He winked and swooped me up into a "dip." Then, he kissed me and brought me back up to earth.