Chapter 1

*Curly's POV* 

  The thunder woke me up. It must've been around 4 AM, although I don't remember falling asleep. But this was great. I loved thunderstorms, they calmed me for some reason. I guess it was the sound of the rain or the claps of thunder. It was a mystery to me.

My stomach growled and I realized I hadn't eaten since around two. Downstairs, I found Angela on the couch. "Couldn't sleep?" I asked; this usually was the reason she was always up during storms. "Yep," she replied. I grabbed two Pepsis out the fridge and tossed one to Angela. I grabbed a box of mac and cheese and put it in a bowl in the microwave.

"Curly, do you even know how to make mac and cheese?" Angela's voice came from the living room. "Nope!" I said, popping the "p". "Oh, lord," she groaned. I laughed as she was telling me about how I almost burned the house down last time. "Did you at least put water in the bowl?" "Was I supposed to?" "Curly!"

After Angela skid into the kitchen to stop the microwave, I decided to just grab a box of cereal. "Angela, you're only two years older, no need to act like you're my mom," I said as we plopped back down on the couch. "You're gonna be put it jail if I don't," she responded. I had to admit, she was probably right.

We sat for a while, blankly staring at Mickey Mouse reruns on the TV, neither of us paying attention to it. I yawned, and told Angela, "I'm gonna go to bed. You need to, too, it's almost five." "I will sometime," she sighed.

I really worry about us sometimes. Tim, Angela and I, I mean. Tim's only 19 and has been arrested God knows how many times, Angela's 17 and trying her hardest to keep me out of trouble. I can't help it though. Trouble comes natural to me. Even if I am only 15, it's normal, right?