Chapter 8

((It's been a while, sorry!))

After around thirty minutes, I decided to get off my ass and do something. And what was that something? Seeing Ponyboy, of course. 'Wait,' I told myself. 'Maybe I should go tomorrow. He might get aggravated if I want to see him every day.'

  Thus, I decided to just stay by myself today. I needed the time alone, anyway. Even then, I wasn't about to stay in the house all day. I could hear my stomach growling, and thought, 'The diner sounds good. That's what I'll do.'

  Or so, I thought.

  The walk to the diner was fine - I actually didn't see anyone on my way. I had a pretty good breakfast, too; everything was going fine. That was, until the walk home.

  I had paid, and tipped the waitress, and walked out the door. About two minutes into my walk, a group of Socs came into view. There must've been about four or five if 'em. None of 'em seemed to be in a good mood, either. They were rowdy; yelling and jumping around. Were they drunk? It was only eleven in the morning.

  I tried to walk faster and take a back way home, knowing what was to come, but they must've spotted me before I slipped into the alleyway. "Hey, Grease! Yeah, you!" One of the Socs yelled. I stopped, scared. I didn't need to get into any more fights. I must've zoned out, because the next thing I knew, I was being dragged by the arm out into the field.

  //If anyone gets triggered/ uncomfortable by violence, getting beat up, etc, please skip the rest of this chapter!! It'll pick back up, without you missing any important plot events, in the next chapter//

  One of the Socs, a guy about my age with sunglasses and boots, pushed me down and straddled my chest, making it difficult for me to take breaths. Another, whom I couldn't see with the first Soc blocking my view, started kicking at my stomach. The boys were yelling and kicking me in every place imaginable. My ribs, stomach, legs, you get the drill.

  One of them kicked at my head, and my vision went blurry. Their attack was quick, but it caused a lot of damage. I don't remember much more, other than I passed out after they left.