Chapter 6

Around eight o'clock, Ponyboy and I started walking back to the Curtis house. We sure did talk a lot, too. We may or may not have talked about guys we thought were tuff lookin'...

We bid our goodbyes as we reached his house. "Today was fun, we need to do it again sometime," Pony smiled. I nodded, maybe a bit too vigorously. There was a few seconds of awkward silence, which was ended when I turned to leave.

My head spun the whole walk home. All I could think about was the day I had. It was amazing. I must've looked like a psychopath, walking down the road in the dead of night, smiling like an idiot. But I didn't care. I could only think of Ponyboy Curtis.

Tim and Angela were still awake when I got home. Obviously; we all had the habit if not going to bed until the early hours of be morning. It was unhealthy. "Hey, Curly, who was here earlier?" Tim asked when I sat on the chair next to the couch. "Oh, it was just Ponyboy," I blushed. Weird. I never blush. Tim and Angela knew I liked Pony; I think everyone did. Oops.

  Angela walked in, wiggling her eyebrows. "OOOOHHHH, what'd ya guys doooo?!?" She asked jokingly. "Shut up, Angela, we just talked and played a game," I shot back. "Someone's defensive," Tim muttered under his breath. "I'm gonna go to bed," I mumbled.

  It was hard for me to fall asleep that night. Maybe it was because I was in bed way before usual, or maybe it was that fact that I couldn't get that damned boy out my head.