Ch. 5: Surprise Visits

*Niall's POV*

   'Come on, Ni. You know this is stupid.'

   'But I miss her.'

   'Ugh. You sound pathetic.'

   'I thought you were supposed to be nice?'

   'I'm your conscience, I tell you what is right and wrong.  My job description has nothing to do with being nice.' 

   'Well...I'm going to ignore you now.'

  'You'll do something you'll regret.'

   'No, I won't.'

   'You say that as you are walking up to her door. Oh-look! You just knocked....idiot.'

   'Shut Up.'

   I ignored my internal fight with my conscience and knocked on Jamie's door again. Still no answer. I know she's here, Liam said he dropped her here after the flight when I asked if she was back in England.

   I sighed before rummaging in my pants pocket, pulling out the key to her flat. She forgot to take it back when we had broken up. I may or may not have come here a couple of times when she was on tour.

   I put the key in and unlocked the door. The entryway had her suitcase still sitting there. The coat hanger held a variety of Snapbacks. I noticed the two closest to me, the one that matches mine, and the Snapback she wore when I asked her to be my girlfriend. The thought made me smile.

   I walked a little further into the flat, feeling like a total creeper. The white leather couch in the living room faced the large flat screen TV, which was currently playing 'The Hunger Games.' Even with signs of life being here, Jamie wasn't.

   The kitchen lights were on, so I went in there next. I looked around the bright kitchen. It had black granite countertops, white wood cabinets, and a light wood floor. She had a lot of white in her house. I looked around and searched for her; with the exact same result as the living room. Jamie wasn't in her kitchen either.

   The bathroom door was open with the light off, so she's not in there. I walked further down and found her guest room. The door was open, revealing the queen size bed which sat in the center. I could see someone had been in here, but I don't know who, seeing as Jamie was nowhere to be seen.

   I finally walked down the rest of the hallway to her room. It's the last room in the house, unless you count the bathroom connected to Jamie's room.

   This room probably had the most color in the house. The bedspread was blue, black and white. The rest of the room had all different colors as well. It had all different knick-knacks around the place. Some from her tour, and some from my own. I recognize a few things I had gotten her on my travels, but I'm guessing some of the things the other boys had as well.

   Jamie was laying across her bedspread, the blankets not even covering her. She had her head resting on her arm, her mouth slightly agape. Her hair was all over the place, covering her face. It was honestly adorable.

   I walked over slowly, debating if I should wake her or not.

  'What would you say if she did wake up?'

  'I don't know! I haven't thought that far ahead!'

  'I told you that you would do something stupid!'

  '...'

  I cut off the pointless arguing in my head once again. I sat on the edge of her bed, brushing the hair out of her beautiful face. My hand lingered on her cheek, and I could feel the spark when my hand came in contact with her skin.

   I thought for a moment before kicking my shoes off my feet and laying down beside her. I wrapped one arm around her and she snuggled deeper into my side subconsciously. I smiled and leaned forward, planting a kiss on her forehead.

   "I still love you, Jamie Tomlinson."