Ch. 8: Maroon

*Camden's POV*

   I sighed as I tugged on my faded pink hair. The dye has been slowly fading from my naturally blonde hair, making the roots turn blonde again. Almost like I had dip dyed it pink.

   I've had the pink hair for like, six or seven months now and it's driving me insane. I had it blue for a few weeks before I changed it, and now Fiona told me I had to keep it one color for the tour.

   It's been so long since I have dyed it, and it's annoying me. It's like an addiction almost, I'm urging to dye it again.

   "Hey sis, what's up?" Carston walked into my bedroom. I was still facing the mirror as he walked up behind me, sweeping his hair to the side.

   "Car...do you like my hair pink?"

    He looked taken aback by my question, looking slightly startled by me abruptness.

   "Erm...it's okay, I guess?"

"I think I'm going to change it..." I fingered my hair again, playing with he pink parts. Carston's face lit up in a smile.

"Will you make it look natural again?!" he asked me excitedly. I looked at him with my eyebrows raised.

"Does any shade of red count as natural to you?" I questioned. He just rolled his eyes.

"A natural red, yes."

"Like, Amber, Maroon, or Copper?"

"Copper is more natural," he pointed out. I shrugged.

"So, not Copper. I'll call Jamie and ask her." Carston rolled his eyes at me again before walking out of my room. I pulled out my phone and dialed Jamir's number.

"Hello?"

"Jamie! Hey, it's Camden!"

"Uh, yeah. They have Caller I.D. for a reason you know." She chuckled.

"Ha ha. Very funny."

"Thank you, I try."

"I can tell."

"Why'd you call?"

"Oh, yeah! Maroon or Amber?"

"Umm...what?"

"Just answer!"

"Fine! Maroon because I like Adam Levine's voice."

"What da?"

"Please tell me you got that."

"Sorry, I didn't."

"Ugh! Maroon 5?!"

"Ohhh! Okay. Anyways, I gotta go get hair dye now. See ya Jamie!"

"Bye Camden. See you guys later."

I hung up the phone and checked the time. It's our first full day back and it was pretty late, 10:48 pm. I think the shops will still be open.

I ran down the stairs and into the family room.

"Hey mum?"

"Yes, hun?"

"If I ask you to dye my hair, can you?"

She looked at me in confusion before slowly nodding her head.

"I suppose so. What's wrong with your hair right now?"

"The dye is all coming out. Also, I want to try something new." I shrugged my shoulders. She reluctantly agreed to do it.

"Did you ask Fiona?" Carston asked me as he came in from the kitchen. I shot him a glare.

"No."

"Are you looking to have your head served to you on a platter?" I shook my head in response.

"Nope. However, she said that I had to keep it pink for tour, tour is now over, therefore, I am free to dye it however I wish."

Carston just rolled his eyes once again.

"Young man, you better stop that. Your eyes will get stuck like that if you keep going like this!" mum scolded him. I laughed as he stuck his tongue out at her.

I left the house and got into my car. It's a little red Mazda car that I named Mushu off of Mulan. I drove to the hair salon place, surprised that it was still open.

"Hi, how can I help you?" the lady behind the counter asked me. She looked to be about 18 years old at the most, around my age.

"Hi! I'm looking for some Maroon hair dye? Preferably something that won't completely kill my hair." I nervously chuckled. She laughed and walked into the back room.

"Would this work?" She held yore bottle of Maroon hair dye. It's the same brand I used to dye my hair the last two times.

"That's perfect, thank you!" I exclaimed. I took the bottle from her hands and examined the color. It really was perfect.

I put it on the checkout and grabbed my credit card out of my wallet. I handed it to her and she looked at it, realization struck her features.

"Camden Jackson?" She looked at the card with disbelief.

"Ah, you recognize me, huh?" I smirked. She laughed and nodded.

"My daughter is a huge fan of yours!" she swiped my card and handed me the bag. I looked at her in shock.

"D-Daughter?" I asked. She nodded. "Not to be rude...how old are you?" She just shook her head.

"It's not rude. I'm 19. I was kidnapped when I was 14 by a man who sexually assaulted me. I became pregnant with my daughter. She's 4 now." she explained. I nodded, feeling sorry for her.

"I'm sorry, that's horrible."

"No need to apologize! Esme is the best thing to happen to me. Yeah, it was a bad situation, but I love being a mum."

I signed an autograph for her daughter before I left the store.

____________________________________________________________________________________

My hair is finally done! I can honestly say I love it. No matter how mad Fiona is going to be, it's worth it!