Are you with us? - P.2

"Raise the gate!" a soldier on the watch yelled loud enough to ring through the courtyard and catch your full attention that had been busy inside of the castle.

Only a few hours had passed leaving not enough time to fully prepare for their visit and to get a strategy in order. They were very early, though it should have been expected considering the small amount of time they had before the Boltons would attack.

Re-taking your seat that your father had once sat upon, you straightened your back and corrected your posture in an attempt to appear fierce and unafraid. Thankfully, a few men had been on either side of the seat for protection and added intimidation.

Your heart pounded rapidly in your chest as the sound of multiple footsteps approached the open wooden doors ready for the entrance of your guests. Biting your lower lip to keep it from trembling, you began to breathe deep and slower through your nose in an attempt to lower your quickly increasing nerves.

"Lady, (Y/ln)." A solider appeared in the open doorway announcing loudly. "May I present Ned Stark's bastard son Jon Snow and his daughter Sansa Bo...Stark."

Standing slowly from your chair, your eyes focused on the three people entering the room. A younger man with curled hair as black as the night sky with dark eyes to match. A young lady with red hair that stood out gracefully against her dark colored dress. And finally an older man who dressed in armor with a fierce and troubled look upon his face.

"Welcome, Starks." you greeted trying to sound as warm as possible though your voice violently wanted to shake.

"Lady (Y/Ln)." The redhead whom you could only assume was Sansa greeted. "I wish we could have been here on better circumstances however we have no time for small talk."

"Alright." you responded mentally bracing yourself for the words you have been almost dreading to hear aloud. "How can I be of service to you?"

"Ramsay Bolton." Sansa began with such disgust and hate in her voice that it managed to wipe your small smile quickly from your face. "Is occupying my home. He is not the rightful Lord of Winterfell and he means to go to war with us very soon."

"And we need your help." the man spoke up in smooth voice as his eyes locked onto yours. "We are outnumbered and need more men."

Silence quickly took over the room as his words had ended leaving everyone in a bit of an uncomfortable position while waiting for you to speak.

Your gaze remained locked upon, who you could only assume to be Jon, his while silently studying his features. He looked tired and troubled but extremely aware of his surroundings ready for anything to happen at a moments notice. His semi-sulking face looked hopeful which had been a good look to have on his pale white skin against his dark beard.

"I..." you began quickly trying to find the appropriate words but found it hard to speak with his dark eyes on yours. "I will help you."

Instant relief washed over all three visitors as their defensive stances quickly turned to those of more relaxed ones. Sansa's serious frown turned into a small smile while Jon still looked the same despite his more comfortable pose.

"How many men can we expect?" Jon suddenly asked as all eyes fall upon you once more.

Lyle leaned closer to whisper into your ear the amount of men that could be given to their cause while still keeping some hear to fend off any attackers. Once he had given you the information, he took his straight and serious stance once again.

"I can give you one hundred and fifty fighting men. I know it really isn't much but I'm sure it's better than nothing at all." you told them trying to explain yourself. Your house was smaller compared to the other houses in the North but you couldn't afford to risk the innocent people's safety completely. 

"One hundred and fifty is more than enough. Thank you, (Y/Ln)."  the older man stepped forward before the other two could speak.

"Yes thank you. We appreciate your help even though it could get you into trouble as well." Jon replied with much appreciation in his voice.

You couldn't help but smile at him noticing how stressed he truly was though he didn't appear to be stopping for anything. He didn't smile back though he kept his eyes on yours as if he had been studying you too.

"If it isn't too much to ask, my lady." the older man spoke up again managing to catch your attention away from Jon. "Could we perhaps have a room for the night."

"Of course." you quickly answered almost stopping him from finishing his request. "You all will always be welcome at this castle."

"You are too kind." Sansa replied feeling relief that she was away from the Boltons and safe for the most part.

"Please, Lyle, show them to their rooms I'm sure they would all like to get cleaned up." you commanded as he quickly did as he was told.

Lyle left his place at your side and walked toward your guests quickly gathering them and leading them out of the hall. Jon turned his head one last time to look at you before quickly making his leave to join his sister.

Your heart continued to pound though for a different reason than earlier. Surely, you hadn't been imagining the looks Jon had been given you all throughout the meeting. A bit of excitement began to pulse through your body bringing a rather large smile to your face.

~~~To be continued~~~