Are you with us? - P.11

The sun began to slowly rise into the sky a lot sooner than you had hoped it would. The warmth beneath the heavy furs shielded your body from the cold Northern morning air that had been blowing through the unstable door to the tent that had been your temporary home. Today was the day that the heads of the Houses joining the Starks would meet with Ramsay Bolton in a mutual territory for one last discussion before an inevitable war broke out. The madman wanted Sansa back and Jon was ready to die to prevent that from happening. 

Even though movement and idle chatter could be heard from outside of the tent it was easy to feel the tension hanging over the camp as it was impossible to know how this meeting would go in terms of civilized discussion. 

Taking a deep breath, you pushed the furs away from your body instantly feeling the chilling air against your skin that managed to send an intense shiver over your entire body. It was surprising that you were able to feel anything with the extreme variety of emotions that you were experiencing. Once Ramsay saw your face with the House flag behind you that would be the end should Jon lose. 

Pulling the first dress that you saw over your body, you wondered how your men were feeling. If they were in support of your decision to accompany the Starks on the battlefield or if they were cursing your name to the Gods hoping they took you at an early age. This was the biggest decision that you had ever and will ever make and it was impossible to stand behind it without a bit of doubt. 

"My Lady, my I enter?" A voice that belonged to Sansa called out from behind the heavy flaps that did a poor job of keeping the air out. 

"Of course." you replied as she quickly pushed through the flaps and into the four walls of your tent. 

She looked tired herself surely from the lack of sleep she had last night though at the same time she seemed ready and in full control of her emotions. Her facial expression had been solid without any sign of wanting to change. Her eyes remained determined and as fierce as a direwolf ready to stare down her abuser and unfortunately legal husband.

"Are you ready to set out?" she asked in a cool tone not breaking her composure even for a moment. "Everyone else is waiting at the front of the camp."

Pushing a stray piece of hair behind your ear, you couldn't help but examine her thanking the Gods that you weren't in her position. If Jon did lose the fight she would pay the biggest price out of everyone and live the rest of her life in absolute misery. 

"Let's go." you told her as confidently as possible hoping that your fierce attitude would bring her some kind of comfort in her greatest hour of need. 

Without speaking another word, you followed her out of the tent and onto the cold ground as a small amount of snow drifted gracefully around the in air quickly melting as each flake finally landed. Each soldier sat around fires or walked around going about a chore clearly on edge for whatever news that would hear later on in the day. 

Once you both arrived at the make-shift stable of the camp, yourself and Sansa climbed on top of your designated horses. Without hesitation, you followed her to the front of the camp where a few soldiers, Jon, Lady Mormont, and a few small house heads waited patiently for your arrival.

"Let me do all the talking." Jon announced as Sansa and yourself finally joined the group. "All of you will be noticed upon arrival. But I'm sure he's only interested in speaking with me or Sansa. There's no reason to bring any of you into this argument."

You nodded your head along with the others in the group letting Jon know you understood the instructions he had given. This was a small group going up against all odds and it was extremely important to appear well put together and confident in the face of the enemy.

As Jon turned on his horse, he took a moment to look into your eyes with an indescribable look. Regaining himself, he began to ride forward toward the middle ground where Ramsay and his men would be waiting to speak. The brave men (and Lady Mormont) directed their horses to follow closely behind keeping a bit of formation behind House Stark in a way to show allegiance. 

The journey toward the meeting point had been taken in silence as everyone seemed to be lost in their own thoughts or just afraid to say anything at all. Each house that chose to rebel against the new Warden of the North faced certain extinction and their legacies to be lost forever. You swallowed hard and even considered turning back for the sake of your small house though your horse continued forward despite your inner voice beginning to scream. 

In the distance, the familiar Bolton banners could be seen being held by a few riders who kept on the outskirts of the small group that would be attempting to maturely work out this feud before immediately turning to violence. The sight of Ramsay Snow immediately caught your attention as he rode proudly in front of the group with another man beside him who was surely from another house located somewhere in the north. 

As the two groups approached each other, you could feel your heart ready to beat out of your chest and into the open air though by the look on your face it would never be known. Your ears perked up and your back straightened as each horse came to a sudden stop as each group eyed each other carefully. Ramsay looked at each face that had been behind Jon examining them and surely trying to figure out which houses were there before turning his attention back to Sansa and Jon. 

~~~To be continued~~~