Are you with us? - P.7

Silence filled the camp as the sun had finally set allowing a brief moment of peace before a tense meeting with Ramsay Bolton in the morning. The soldiers that had come with you have long ago set up their small quarters and rested as best as possible despite the intense tension in the air. Your hand slightly shook as you brought the ink dipped feather back down to the small piece of paper making complicated marks. To anyone who would have witnessed the scene, they would have assumed you were in the process of writing the most important letter every written. However, there had been no one to write to. Instead of forming words the ink formed a picture of you home to the best of your memory. Of course some details would be different but just the sight of something familiar managed to relax your nerves.

Your mind had been so focused on the drawing on the make shift table in front of you that the sound of someone entering your tent went completely undetected.

"My Lady." Jon said suddenly managing to startle you from your deep concentration. Turning around in your seat quickly, you smiled upon seeing who the voice belonged to.

"Oh, Jon, you startled me." you told him. "How long have you been standing there?"

"Not long. I didn't want to interrupt you from the writing that letter." he replied calmly though you could sense the extreme negative feelings he was currently having.

"Oh this isn't a letter. It's just a picture I've been working on." you told him pushing it aside hoping that he wouldn't come over wanting to see it. "Can I help you with something that you're visiting me so late?"

Jon smiled lightly and looked down at the ground rubbing his gloved hands together for a few moments. The cold air showed each time he exhaled deeply. He seemed even more concerned that he normally did.

"I guess I just needed someone to speak with." he finally answered though you weren't entirely convinced that was the reason for his visit.

"You can stay as long as you like." You told him motioning toward a small chair in the corner of the tent. "Please sit and relax."

Jon surprisingly took you up on the offer and walked toward the empty seat silently sitting on the cold surface. Silence took over as you stared at him for a moment before turning your attention toward your hands. Jon, however, looked around the tent examining it's features and what was inside. As much as you wanted to speak with him, you decided it was best to remain quiet until he decided he was ready. Quickly, your eyes would drift up to him and back to your hands before he could notice your stares.

Though, while you had your attention on your own gloved hands, you could feel his dark eyes burning into you and turning away every time your eyes drifted to him. Thankfully before the situation become even more awkward he finally started to speak.

"So what were you drawing there?" he asked much to your discomfort.

"Just how I remember my home looking." you answered him taking a look at the piece of paper again with the now dry ink. "It brings me comfort."

With your finals words you quickly bit your tongue. You were sure that was the same feeling Jon had hopped to be feeling soon and you couldn't imagine what it was like to see someone else occupying your home.

"And I'm sure very soon you'll be able to experience that first hand." you spoke again quickly trying to making your previous statement sound better.

"I hope you're right." he answered keeping his eyes on you. "The numbers aren't on our side but maybe the Gods will finally be on our side."

"I'm sure after all the shit you and your family have been through the Gods will finally be on your side." you responded in all seriousness though Jon's smile grew a bit wider.

"That's no language for a lady to be speaking." he replied obviously amused with the small small language in your statement.

"I'll have you know I'm a grown lady. The head of House (yr/ln). And I must speak like one." you teased back thankful that he was easing up even if just a small amount.

Jon laughed for the first time since you had met him as he seemed to be enjoying himself for the most part. His deep laugh seemed like that most beautiful music to your ears and his bright smile instantly made any fears that you were having completely disappear. You had just met him a few days ago but the truth was right in front of you. You were in love with Ned Stark's bastard son who completely turned his life around and made something great of himself.

Smiling, you looked at the ground just remembering the sound of his laugh and silently hoping you would hear it again soon.

"Your smile is very breath taking." he spoke up in a more serious tone again though his words managed to catch you off guard.

Your smile quickly disappeared as your eyes locked with his unsure if you had just heard him correctly.

"What did you say?" you asked him hoping for some confirmation. But unfortunately he looked surprised a went back.

"It wasn't important. Never mind."

~~~To be continued~~~