Are you with us? - P.3

The castle had long been asleep since the arrival of your guests. The nerves floating around in everyone's stomach had managed to die down for at least the night ready to continue on even worse tomorrow as the battle came closer and closer. Your mind drifted off to Jon Snow, the legendary bastard of the honorable Ned Stark. The bastard who beat the odds and made a name for himself at Castle Black and was now defending his family home and his sister. He seemed to be carrying such a large burden that no one else could understand. This war should be led by Robb or even Bran. But with the full-blooded Stark boys dead, Jon accepted his duty and intended to see it through.

A rumor had been carrying through the wind that Rickon was still alive and had been hiding out at House Umber only to be recently turned over to House Bolton. If that rumor had been true, you could only imagine the stress that Jon and even Sansa had been going through. You couldn't help but start to feel depressed that you didn't have more fighting men to give them to at least even the battlefield.

Sighing heavily, you rolled from the comfort of your bed and furs and stood on the cold stone floor of your chambers. A full night of sleep seemed to be out of the question now and laying awake in your bed had been less than desirable.

Carefully opening your large wooden door, you were suddenly stopped by a soldier keeping watch outside of your chamber.

"What's wrong, Lady (y/n)?" the solider asked changing his calm posture to a more tense one.

"Nothing, Nothing's wrong." you half whispered careful not to wake any more people up. "I just needed some fresh air."

"I'll go with you." the solider said firmly though you quickly stopped him.

"No I'll only be gone for a few moments. Just stay here." you told him much to his discomfort.

"You're going to get me into some trouble someday, my lady." he commented reluctantly staying behind to guard an empty chamber.

"If no one finds out you'll never get into trouble." you whispered pushed past him and walking barefoot down the hall letting the coolness of the stones absorb into your feet. 

A few torches lines the wall bringing a small flickering light to the hallways leading out the front large doors that went directly into the courtyard. Pushing those doors open, you froze for a moment as the cold night northern air chilled your exposed shoulders and feet though you pushed forward until you reached the very last step that separated you from the snow on the ground.

"Lady (Y/n). What are you doing?" a new voice asked that managed to take you off guard.

A body had been standing by the side of the stairs that had been hidden in the dark.

"Um..." you began to say feeling uneasy as the man came closer revealing his face to you from out of the darkness. "Jon?"

"It's too cold out here for you." he commented seeming a bit concerned as he took off the large fur that had been wrapped around his shoulders that he had been wearing earlier. Quickly moving behind you, he placed the fur around your shoulders as you suddenly felt just how heavy it had been.

"Wow this is so heavy." you half chuckled straightening your posture to support the weight of straps and thick fur that he so easily carried around.

"Is it?" he asked a bit confused as it was clear he didn't feel it the same way you did. "I never noticed."

"That's because you're a lot stronger than I am." you told him with a smile trying to warm up to the still sulking-looking man. You knew he had a lot on his mind and a lot of stress to deal with though that didn't stop you from trying to bring him some ease. "Though I'm pretty fast so I think I could win in a fight."

For the first time Jon wore a tiny smile on his face that helped his features to be more relaxed allowing you to still see the innocence and youth in him.

"That's good. We'll put you on the front line and you can take out the Bolton's all on your own." he told you in a joking manage to earned a laugh from you.

"That sounds like a solid plan to me." you responded playing back. "I'll have you back in Winterfell before you can even lift a finger."

"I'll hold you to that." he replied seeming to enjoy the joke even though in that moment you wished you had been strong enough to take on the entire Bolton army and give the Starks back their home. "And you never answered my question."

"What question?" you asked curiously.

"What are you doing out here so late at night?" he asked again.

"Oh I just couldn't sleep with so much on my mind." you answered telling him the truth.

"I know the feeling. I couldn't sleep either." he responded keeping his eyes locked on yours. "I just want to say again how thankful I am for the soldiers you're lending us."

"It's no problem really." you told him feeling a bit embarrassed by how thankful he truly was. "My family has been loyal to yours since the beginning and we will win together."

"I won't forget this kindness." he responded in a more serious tone. "If we manage to take back Winterfell I'll be sure to reward your house."

"We don't need a reward, Jon." you told him in a softer tone. "You can count on us anytime to help you no matter what."

~~~To be continued~~~