Are you with us? - P.5

Your eyes forced themselves open as just a bit of sunlight came into the window hitting you perfectly. It was early but the nerves of the war to come eliminated any need for sleep your body might have had. Slightly rolling over, you felt the heavy fur that Jon had given you still tightly wrapped around your body allowing the memories of last night to come flooding back as if it had just happened. Your heart rate suddenly increased at the thought forcing a smile to your tired face.

A knock on the door startled you before propping yourself up on your elbows.

"Come in." you said loudly attempting to hid the sleep that was still in your voice.

The wooden door opened at your request as the Maester stood in the doorway looking slightly concerned.

"What is it?" you asked the older man as he played with his hands still looking directly at you.\

"Lady Sansa and Jon would like to have a word with you, My lady." he told you delivering the message.

"Alright. I'll be done in a few moments." you told him as he took his leave closing the door behind him.

You assumed the Starks had trouble sleeping as well if they were both awake so early in the morning. The message of them wanting to have a word with you managed to frighten you. If they needed to speak to early their words couldn't possibly be good though you knew whatever it was your house needed to stand by them.

Swinging your legs off of the bed, you unwrapped yourself from the furs and let them rest on the mattress. Quickly, you fixed your messy hair into a loose side-braid that kept your bangs out of your eyes. Pulling on the first dress that you had seen in your trunk, you slipped it on tying the strings on your side to tighten the fabric against your body. Finally, you slipped on your boots that had been by the door even though they didn't match the dress you had currently been wearing.

Opening the door, you quickly moved past the new guard that must have switched places with the one from last night. He didn't bother to speak but instead stood quietly by your door in case you would return soon.

Your heels on your boots hit the hard floor leaving a loud sound for all to know you were coming toward the hall assuming that is where the Starks would be. As you moved through the wide open double doors, your suspicion had been correct as both Sansa and Jon stood together talking quietly to among themselves.

"Lady Sansa." you greeted upon entering the room hating to interrupt their conversation. "Jon. You're both up early."

"We're sorry to wake you." Sansa responded looking tired but dedicated at the same time. "But we have to keep moving."

"You're leaving so soon?" you asked stopping as you joined where they stood examining them both.

"Actually, we're all leaving." Jon spoke up looking straight into your eyes. "Including you."

"Me?" you asked with surprise as this was the first time hearing this. "Where am I going?"

"We need your presence for support when we speak to Ramsay." Sansa spoke seeming extremely ready for whatever was to come. "And your soldiers need to group with the ones we have already."

Silence fell upon the room as you let her words sink in that you would be leaving along with your men to comfort a human monster. Thinking back only to a few years ago, you could have never imagined your life would be this way now. Back then, your only fears would not being aloud to play outside if your father punished you for misbehaving. Now, you stood before the children of the Warden of the North who were surely just as frightened as you were.

"Alright. I'll start packing." you spoke up as confidently as possible.

Sansa smiled at your words while Jon kept his usual gloomy look on his face.

"I'll meet you by the gate in one hour." you told them again quickly making your leave as you mentally prepared yourself for the hard road to come.

As you moved back to your chamber, you scanned the walls and every detail that you could take in unsure if you would ever be walking in the hallways again. Ramsay Bolton would not take kindly to your house siding with the "enemy" and if they lost you would pay the ultimate price.

Your heart pounded and your mind swirled as you raced around your room packing only the things you deemed neccassry into one large trunk. A few pieces of jewelry from your mouth had been wrapped in a cloth and placed at the bottom the trunk to bring you comfort just in case. A few dresses had been rolled as tightly as possible to take up the least amount of space. Two more different pairs of boots had been placed in the trunk just in case the ones you were currently wearing became damaged. Loose paper and a few pens were placed on the top for any messages that needed to be written.

The hour went a lot faster than you would have liked as you looked around your chamber one last time. Picking up the fur that belonged to Jon, you looked at your messy bed realizing there was no point in making it before you left. The rest of the room, however, was clean with every detail in place looking as if no one had been living there. Which was partly true for the only time you ever went to your chamber was to sleep.

Two soldiers entered the room at your request and picked up the large and heavy trunk from the floor ready to take it along on the journey to where their camp had been. Following them out the door, you scanned your chamber one last time before closing the wood door completely.

Jon, Sansa, and Ser Davos had already been on horse back by the front gate along with Lyle and the rest of the soldiers who would be contributing to the cause.

"My lady" one soldier spoke up grabbing your attention. "Would you like to ride in a carriage with your belongings?"

"No." you answered quickly. "I'll ride on horse back with the Starks."

Moving past him, you entered the stable to where the horses where kept. A large white one at the very back stall stood patiently waiting to be taken out onto the road. Climbing on top of him, he began walking out of the stable and toward the front gate to where the people had been waiting.

"Are you ready?" Jon asked watching you carefully.

"Absolutely." you answered riding up beside him and Sansa.

~~~To be continued~~~