first

Leo stares up at the sky. The fluffy clouds were floating across the pale blue heavens and there was a warm breeze running through the field behind 192 Sycamore Highway. 

Leo Briggs had lived on this farm his entire life, though it wasn't much of a farm. The Briggs only owned a few chickens, two golden retrievers and three goldfish to roam their twenty acres. It was mostly Leo's siblings who had the wild energy to run up and down the grassy paddocks.

Monica is the eldest of the Briggs children, turning 17 next autumn. She is the taller of her peers and has silky chocolate hair flowing down to her waist. She is the daredevil type, always over eager to try new things. She rarely stays in her room during the day, unless her boyfriend Alex is over. They usually just snog the whole time which unsettles Leo as he walks past her room.

Hannah is the second oldest, just turned fifteen last week. She has naturally wavy hair like her siblings and her parents thought she would attract all the boys. To their dismay, Hannah came out to her family as gay on the afternoon of her fourteenth birthday, her parents weren't upset just surprised.

 The youngest Briggs child is Blake, only seven years old. Despite the boy's name her parent's gave her she is probably the most stereotypical girly girl Leo knew. She loved dresses, barbies, princesses and make up. Though she does throw the biggest tantrums. 

Leo is fourteen, and a massive nerd. He has never fit in with the sporty kids and always preferred a good book and some green tea over girls. When he thought about it, he had never liked a girl romantically or had any interest in dating them. He had just assumed he was gay for the past few months but he still had never had a crush on a guy either. In the books he read, true love was the most important thing in the world, the end all, the prevailing factor. 

He just wished he could find that one day.