Chapter 5

Aish

The sun rays streamed onto my face waking me. I tried opening my eyes but stopped to the pounding in my head. My body ached all over. My head felt like blasting with pain. I tried again to open my eyes, which I did successfully to the ceilings of the hospital. I looked around thinking why'd I be in here. I don't know what happened, I couldn't remember a thing. 

I tried getting up but was stopped by something on my stomach holding me to bed, it was strong and warm. I looked down to see an arm holding me down and followed it to see a man sleeping facing the other side. Who is he? and why am I here? I'm all confused. Ugh! My head. I groaned. Thinking made it worse. I touched my forehead feeling the bandage. So, I was injured on the head, causing all this pain. 

I looked down to the man sleeping head on the bed, facing another side. I tried waking him but didn't budge. I shook him harder earning a stifling groan and he faced my side and God he looked gorgeous with long eyelashes, straight nose, luscious lips that no woman could stay, not kissing. I couldn't resist outlining his face. I traced his eyes softly, such a captivating sexy face. Whoa! What am I thinking at this moment? I shook my head and groaned in pain. Urgh! Dammit! Focus girl. Now is not the time to think of him and his face.

I only did what I could to wake him, I slapped him hard. He jerked awake in alert, pistol pointing to me. That undid me into screaming and the darkness surrounded me again.

After an hour

I was dreaming about Maa and dad and was suddenly dragged from them. Light surrounded me, dragging me from the darkness where they stood staring at me. I could hear voices. Two male and one female to be precise. Who are they? Oh! I move my eyeballs trying to open my eyes.

"Aish! Please wake up!" she cried. Why is she crying? Someone is stroking my hair softly, tingles spreading over me. I moaned, moving into it for more. That person started to stroke my cheek slowly whispering something that I couldn't make out first.

"Hey! please wake up. I'm sorry I startled you in the morning. Open your eyes please.' that person is a man and his voice is to die for.  I could feel his breath near my lips and I was shivering mentally at his closeness. Damn! I'm unconscious, yet he brought out these reactions. I really wanted to see him. My eyes opened to the most handsome face I ever saw. He smiled softly at me, relief in his eyes.

"Aish! Aish! Thank goodness, you woke up! Are you feeling pain? How is your head?" she gushed crying. My lips are parched to reply.

"I'll get the doctor," said the another guy next to her. I don't remember her or him or the other man. I turned to him looking closely to recognise. He smiled, bringing me a cup of water to drink. She helped to raise my head while he made me drink it. I looked closely at him and remembered him to be the one in the morning who had the pistol with him. I pushed him off weakly, while he looked confused at my reaction. He tried coming near me, the door opened at the time with the doctor.

"Ah! It's good you are finally awake. Gave us quite a scare last night. Anyway, how are you feeling now Mrs Knight?" he asked greeting. Mrs knight? I gave him questioning look. Am I married? I looked at them quizzically. Gosh! Why can't I remember anything? 

"I don't remember anything. I don't seem to know any of them." I told the doctor. The woman beside me started to sob silently. 

"Don't worry Mrs Knight. It's very much possible in your condition. Looking onto how you were hit, you are suffering from amnesia though it is temporary it may take quite a time to recover. Well, I advise you to take your medication in time and not to put much stress on your brain." he said.

"Thank you, doctor. Is there anything else to take care of?" the man with chocolate eyes questioned. 

"Well, that'd be it. Since you are taking so much care of your wife, She'll recover in no time and we'll discharge her in the evening after running few tests to check her vitals." the doctor smiled patting his shoulder and left. Husband! I gaped at him. Is HE my husband? 

"You are my husband?" I questioned him. 

"Well I am, as a matter of fact," he smiled privately.

"You, you can't be! Why can't I remember you if it is true? I. . . I don't even feel like married." I bellowed in shock. How can I be married and not remember my supposed husband if he is so caring? I'm tired all over and felt like sleeping again.

"We'll talk when we go home sweetheart. Rest for now," said he calmly with a tiny smile, as I drifted into darkness, weakness consuming me, body and mind.

Hey guys ! After a very long time, I think, I'm back. I had my first writer's block😀. I have been writing parts and deleting them, not satisfied with the work. Finally I dared posting this. I already have a couple of chapters written and am in the process of editing them. I hope you like this chapter.

Happy reading! ; )