Chapter 13

Alexander

She truly will be the death of me! I grunted exhausted from the over workout I did after I left her room. I never expected her to be afraid of dogs, least a chihuahua. For someone who beat two burly men, she sure looked quite the opposite this morning. I smiled, remembering how she screamed and plastered herself to me the minute I entered the room. She wasn't indecent, although the sight of her in a long tee that clung to her exposing her hidden curvy figure, tormented me enough to over workout myself till my muscles ached and I couldn't move an inch. I growled at her like a cave man when she tried to enter the gym, because I didn't believe in myself to act normally if I saw her again like that. I face palmed hard for acting like that.

My mind was once again filled with the feelings I felt when I held her to me. I wanted to hold her like that for a long time and never let go. But I know I don't have that privilege 'yet'. Would I ever get to that? Argh! Shut up! Shut up, you damn mind. Stop going there!

After telling her, when we will be leaving, I went into the bathroom to take a shower. After a short cold shower and long lecture to get my act together before I end up totally insane, I got ready and went into the kitchen to tell Maria not to bring Lee here anymore from now.

"Maria, don't bring Lee here from now on," I told Maria who was in the kitchen preparing breakfast for us.

"Why not? I mean I always bring it and you never had a problem, then why now?" She questioned informally, annoying me. Is she forgetting she is the maid or what? Getting all informal with me?

" Just do what I said and don't question me again. Understand?" I told her firmly.

" Why the hell shouldn't I? Is it because of her? That bitch, you brought here?" She touched my arm palming it all the way up to my shoulder angering me. Bitch! How dare she call her a bitch and who does she think of herself to touch me like this? Then it hit my brain, she must be thinking me to my brother. Shit! He didn't even leave the maid. Damn him!

I pushed her roughly making her stagger back and almost thought of telling her not to behave like she did with my brother. But I know I can't and she can't know I'm not him. Normally I don't have to deal with her anytime since I rarely come here, but now that I have to stay for few more months to complete the task I came for, I just have to bear with all the nasties my brother left behind. I would strangle my brother when he returns, I mentally promised myself.

" You listen! You don't call her a bitch and you better remember that you are a maid. That's if you still want to keep the job, then know your limits and better stay within them. Because next time I won't be talking instead I will just fire you. Got it?" I rebuked her gruffly. She trembled in fear slowly nodded her head and ran away from the kitchen. I huffed, and shook my head, thinking what else I have to deal with that was my brother's. I turned around to see Aisha staring at the door from which Maria ran away. Shit! She heard, I confirmed looking at her narrowed eyes and tightly fisted hand as if trying to control herself. And then she turned to me, same expression but ten folds increased, marching at a light speed towards me.

" Did she just call me a bitch?" She asked hands on her hips, craning her neck high enough to see my face. Hmm, she looks hot, when she is angry.

" Well, she did. I'm sorry, but I reprimanded her for that. Don't worry, she won't repeat it. " I assured her with a small smile. She looked at me doubtfully and just like that she became normal like nothing happened after a few mere seconds.

" That's okay." She replied and muttered slowly,  "it's not like, I haven't been called that before", thinking I didn't hear. What? Who the hell dared to call her that? A growl left me, suddenly thinking that someone dared to call her that name.

" Woah! Come on now. Don't get all angry now when you don't even know them. By the way, did you just, growl again!?" She asked amusement clear on her face. Her eyes sparkled with laughter.

" I didn't. Let's just have breakfast, we are late already. " I told in my usual commanding voice.

"And the grumpy captain is back!" She muttered although I heard. She really doesn't know how to talk stealthily.

" Don't talk loud, I can hear you. You don't even know how to speak low." I teased her in return. I went into the kitchen to get us milk and hamburgers in plates. Her face scrunched disgustedly looking at the hamburgers and the milk in my hands.

" What happened now? Don't you like the breakfast or what? " I asked.

" Well, I don't eat them. Um, that's fine, I can make myself something." She replied hesitatingly, getting up from the seat and went around the island we sat towards the cooking counter. She started cooking going around the cupboards as if she had been doing that for a long time here.

"Why don't you eat them? And didn't you say anything to Maria about your preferences on food before?" I was actually confused as to why she would make hamburgers when Maria knew Aish don't eat them. Aish turned around looking at me as if I'm crazy to ask that question. Nonetheless, she replied.

"Well, I don't eat hamburgers because they have beef. And for your second question, it's better you ask her. Because I really don't have any interest in hearing her call me 'that' again." she grumbled. It means something really happened between them to cause all this mess today. I will take care of it after we come from the hospital. I don't think it would do any good if I try talking to either of them any longer now.

" Fine. I'll see to it. " I replied. She made herself scrambled eggs with bread. The spicy smell filled the kitchen hall with her cooking, my mouth watered, smelling the flavoured aroma. She sure is a damn good cook basing on the flavoured aroma and I couldn't wait to taste it. 'Not today!'  Captain Alexander warned me mentally. 'Fine, as you wish'. I complied since I don't have a choice.

"Uh, did you say something?" Her voice brought me out of my reverie. I shook my head as no, realising I spoke out and we both continued eating in silence, neither of us uttering a word.

"Shall we leave?" I asked as she washed her hands. She nodded turning around. We went into the living room to get our things and I locked the main door to the house punching the code into the lock pad.

"Wait! If you lock the door, then how can Maria leave the house?"

"There's a separate servant outlet door, and they come and leave through that. Let's go now." I looked at her answering her question. I was all ready to start the day except it would be along with her unlike the last few and I already knew it's going to be a long one at that. I just hope that I would survive this day.