Chapter 18

Aish

" How could he to take decisions that concern me without my permission?! Urgh! I really wish to strangle him!" Pacing around the room, I turned to Elizabeth to see her silently laughing, her mouth closed with hand.

"Elizabeth Whitman! Stop laughing! I ain't telling a joke for you to laugh."

"Oh come on darling! What is not there to laugh? You say you want to strangle him but you feel all flustered and blush like a teenager when he is near you."

" I don't! Don't assume whatever you want." I glared at her.

" Well, I ain't assuming. I am just merely stating the facts. What? You think I didn't see what happened in the hall. Come on Aish, you were totally lost on him. By the way, I don't blame you, who can resist such a loaded package of hot and sexiness?" A devilish grin appeared on her face as she winked at me.

"Oh wow! So now you are on his side instead of helping me? Great, just great!" I sat cross-legged on my bed picking at the blanket angrily. I can't believe it, seems like everyone is supporting him leaving me out.

"Oh Aish! I am not taking his side. Anyways, just think peacefully, do you really think what he did was wrong? He was just trying to help you. We all know, you wouldn't agree to the treatment. I would have done the same if I was in his place. Me, Anne and even him, all want you to recover soon." Lizzy sat beside me, squeezing me in a side ways hug, swaying us lightly.

"I do understand, you all think of the best for me. But that doesn't mean he has the right to do what he did. I mean he had to atleast ask for my opinion. You know it's impossible for me to go through the treatment, considering the situation I'm in." I tried to reason with her, make her see through my perspective. I need save every rupee I can to save them. That is my first and only priority. I can't let anyone disturb my priorities.

"Yeah babe, I do understand. But why don't you tell him about them. He might also help you with that. He might also help you in . . ."

"No! I will not." I interrupted her in mid sentence. No way, am gonna say anything to him. No one can know. Yeah, Lizzy and Anne knows, but I can't just let it out to anyone, least to him, whom I don't know at all.

"No Elizabeth, please, he shouldn't know about them. You promised!" I panicked that she might say him everything, thinking it will do good to me. Oh god!

"Hey, hey! Calm down babe! I'm not gonna say anything to him. Believe me." Though her assurance lessened my panic it didn't ease my dilemma of the situation I was stuck in. God! Why me?!

"I soon need to come up with a solution for this. You know I can't stay there for long or till the attacker is caught. I need to think of an alternative. I can't stay there with him. It might throw me into some more problems." The nerves on my head started to throb with all the stuff going in my mind. Dear God! Help me please!

"God Aish! Are you for real?" Anne shouted. I turned around to see her standing at the room entrance, furious.

" What the hell! You don't want the treatment and don't want to stay at his house when he was only trying to help you out?" This was the few of those time I had seen her this angry. Normally she is so calm and kept together.

"Anne, you do know . . . ,"

" Stop! Just stop! Don't you dare say a word. I know we are facing a difficult time now but that doesn't mean you shouldn't undergo the treatment."

" I agree but I need to save whatever I can for them. That's my main priority and I can take care of this myself. I don't need to under go the treatment. If I give myself some time to rest, I can recover easily." I argued.

"Christ! Aish, you aren't understanding the seriousness of the situation. I saw the reports, it will become dangerous if you don't start the treatment immediately. Please, if money is the problem, I can help you."

"Um, excuse me?" A familiar male voice interrupted our argument. We three, turned to the door, where the cause of our argument stood.

"Sorry to interrupt you. Can I talk to her privately?" He asked looking at Anne and Lizzy for permission. He looked distraught, like something other than this issue, caused the solemness on his face. But who am I to him and why am I trying to understand him when I have enough troubles of my own to solve. I shouldn't really think about him. I shouldn't distract from my priorities.

"No, you can't. I don't want to talk and I'm also not coming back with you. So please leave now." I deadpanned my decision. He looked shocked for a minute but recovered immediately.

"Please Mr Knight, I don't want to stay at your house and you cannot force me against my decision." I stressed.

"I know you are angry with what I did at the hospital, but that was for your own good. It's dangerous for you stay here. Haven't we had the same discussion earlier?" Anne and Lizzy nodded their heads in support of him.

"Oh stop, all of you. Stop trying to persuade me against my decision. It's final, I'm neither returning with you nor going to undergo the treatment. And if you both have any problem with me staying here, then I can look for another place. But I am not returning." I stated my decision once again finally.

"What the hell is wrong with you woman. Why can't you understand? God! I can't believe I was trying to help you, who is so selfish and doesn't even think about her friends safety. I thought you to be understanding, but you are just like all others who only think of themselves and their comfort. It's my mistake that I'm trying to help you. Fine! Do as you wish!" He spoke harshly and left the room. Later, a loud bang of the door closing, resonated the walls confirming that he left.

His words hurt, reminding me of a distant memory that I kept buried somewhere deep in my heart. But I was not the same person who cared what others think of me or mull over it. I was not the same person who gets hurts so easily over some person's words who clearly doesn't know me.

"Aish, please!" Lizzy pleaded but my mind was full of those unwanted yet painful memories that I don't want to remember. I do not want listen to what anyone has to say. So, I raised my hand, gesturing her to stop.

" I am going for a walk. I want to be alone. So don't follow me. I'll be back in an hour." I didn't wait for their response as I took my mobile and left the apartment.