Chapter 5 - an eventful night

That night I couldn’t sleep again, I was overpowered by the thought that Damien would be in the park. I couldn’t help but feel the need to check, it didn’t matter if he wasn’t there, I told myself. I told myself I was just going for a stroll, all though secretly I knew I wanted Damien to be there.

I smiled as I saw Damien on a swing and walked over to him silently. “What are you doing?” , I thought I’d shock him but he didn’t flinch for even a second.

“Just had dinner, so I felt like I needed some fresh air”

“Is it normal for you to have dinner at twelve?”, I looked at him in the most confused expression.

“You know it’s just a habit, I get the best food at Night”, He winked at me

I sat there with the same expression and I must have looked ridiculous since Damien chuckled slyly while looking at me.

“The breeze feels fresh tonight”, I nodded my head, agreeing with Damien and stood up.

“Good enough to ride it”, Damien looked at me and I at him; we both were thinking the same thing.

We ran towards the field at the end of the town while the wind heavily brushed against our faces, we tried to overtake each other while exchanging silly faces. In the end I stumbled over as we reached the middle of the field and Damien sat down next to me.

“You run too fast”, I gasped, finally catching my breath.

“That’s why you don’t race a cheetah”, he mimicked a cheetah growling and we both laughed while gasping for air. “Thank you”

“what for?”

“Just for being a friend” , he smiled gratefully but then a blue expression crossed over his face.

 “Have you got a stitch from running?”, I giggled

“Anna there’s something you need to know”, his eyes looked up hopefully at mine, why did I feel he was going to share something that might be unexpected or maybe he would tell me he has the same secret feeling that I discovered in me since I met him? – I just don’t want to admit that I have a crush on him.