Makeup Time #4

Helllllllooooooooohdhchadviarjcjddkck

It's time for a new tutorial my lovelies! For this tutorial, I have decided to step into a new makeup boundary and experiment with gelatin prosthetics! Like the last chapter, I only have pics of the final product (and one other pic), but I will be sure to make the steps very detailed.

For this tutorial, you will need:
- Unflavored gelatin (Flavored gelatin can create bacteria. Can be found in grocery stores)
- Flour
- Water
- Fake blood (preferably the runny kind)
- Parchment/tissue paper
- Foundation (liquid and powder)
- Eyeshadows (red, pink, yellow, brown, black, etc.)

A/N: Forgot to mention, this is how to make blisters :)

Phase One - Le Gelatin

I made a variety of stuff for future looks. So this was my process.

1. Mix equal parts gelatin, flour, and water IN THAT ORDER!!! The flour does not have to be completely dissolved.

2. Microwave the mixture in 12 second intervals. Stir after each interval until it gets a slimy texture. Make sure the mix doesn't boil.

3. Once you get the texture done, lay out your Parchment paper and begin to spoon out drops of gelatin in different sizes. It's okay if they don't look perfect, as blisters aren't meant to be aesthetically pleasing 😉

4. Let dry for a few minutes, then put the paper in the fridge for around 5-10 minutes. This makes the gelatin firm enough to where it won't melt in your hands.

5. Put the leftover gelatin in the fridge in the container you microwaved it in. You will need this later.

Note about gelatin: This prosthetic is the most reusable method there is. It can be heated up dozens of times (so long as you don't boil it) and can be refrigerated for months before another use. The only downside is that it. smells. h o r r i b l e!!! You have been warned.

Phase Two - Le Makeup

1. Take out your gelatin drops and carefully peel off the ones you want to use. Try to pick ones that vary in size. If you followed the steps right, the gelatin should be able to maintain its shape. You can test it by gently squeezing or bending it.

2. Lay them out where you want to put them and take a photo. I put them on my arm, since it was the flattest place. This will be a reference for the application. My reference photo is below in case you need a guide:

 My reference photo is below in case you need a guide:

3. Heat up the leftover gelatin that you kept in the container. Stir it around for a bit, and apply generously to the area where the blisters are going to be. Make it fairly thick around the center and thin it out as you go. This acts as the swollen and irritated skin around the blisters.

4. While it's still wet, apply the blisters over the gelatin base. Be sure to keep your reference photo close by. Put some more melted gelatin over the blisters to seal and make it more realistic. When your done, wait for everything to dry for a few minutes, or until nothing gets on your hands when you touch it.

5. Once everything is dry, start by applying your foundation over the blisters. Settle with powder, and make sure it matches your skin tone.

6. Using red and pink shadows, outline each blister and apply loosely on the "irritated skin" Be sure to blend it.

7. Use yellow and white shadows to color the center of the blister. This emphasizes the infectious part of the look.

8. With your fake blood, use a thin brush and apply in between the blisters to add some extra gross-ness to the look. The amount can be up to you, but I personally used enough to color those areas a bit more than the shadow under it.

9. Final product:

I hope this was explained enough to help you, but you can always comment or PM if you have questions!