Chapter Twelve: Why?

Bill's P.O.V.

As the ball neared an end, I felt a strange black magic.
"Dipper, let go back to the room..."
"Why?"
"I feel a strange disturbance in black magic...." He nodded grabbing on to my hand, following me back to our room. As I opened the door, I felt Pinetree's grip fall. I looked at him and saw he was bleeding and soon stopped breathing.
"Pinetree?" My voice cracked and my eyes filled with tears. I fell to my knees, I felt someone's hand on my shoulder.
"Bill?" I heard my sisters voice speak to me calmly.
"He's gone...."
"Come on Bill, lets go talk to father..." I nodded sadly and followed her back to the ball. Everyone gave us weird looks, I didn't care. I just wanted to get my Pinetree back.
"Ceaser, is Bill ok?" She shook her head.
"Dad can we talk in private?" My voice was coated with sadness. I followed them into a room, we were alone.  Ceaser explained everything to my dad.
"Oh...Bill..." He gave me a tight hug, he went back into the ball room. We reluctantly followed. "WHOM EVER KILLED MY SON'S MATE, WILL BE SENTENCED TO DEATH!!!!" His voice boomed throughout the room. I was bearly holding back my tears. I pushed past the crowd and ran to my room. I cried into my pillow. I ran into my bathroom and snapped a pocket knife into my hand.
"Bill don't....I'm still here in spirit, like when I became a spirt so you could take my body..." I looked around no one was to be seen. "I'm in your mind..."