Chapter 14

Hey sorry I haven't updated in a while!!! My computer broke, and I haven't been home for two weeks, and I lost my Remember the Titans movie, plus I've been really backed up on a bunch of other stories.

"You blew your assignment!" I hear a player scream at another.

"Man, I covered for you, don't you get in my face!" The other screams in reply

"Hey, cool down" I say to them. They roll their eyes and walk in different directions

Gerry walks over to me, and Julius joins us.

"Where you at?" Julius asks Gerry. "What planet you on tonight?"

Gerry doesn't respond

"I mean, it's fine." Julius continues. "I knew you was gonna stand me up. I knew you was all talk. But now you makin us look bad on that field-"

"Don't talk to me, man." Gerry interrupts, walking away.

"What's up with him?" Julius asks me.

"Our mom yelled at us for wanting to go play basketball." I explain. "Especially me, since it's not ladylike. Don't worry about him, he'll cool off."

Julius gives me a pat on the back and walks off.

Alan walks over, and I stand up a little straighter.

"What's up with Gerry?" He asks me.

"He's in a bad mood." I say. I watch the other team for a minute. "Dang, those guys look tough."

"Not as tough as us." Alan says. He shows off his arm muscle and wiggles his eyebrows, making me laugh.

"Bosley!" Boone calls.

Alan gives me a reassuring pat on the back and goes to see what coach wants.

I sit down on the bench next to Sunshine and watch the team.

"I can't make that pitch, Carrie." He says solemnly

"What are you talking about?" I ask

"The pitch. I can't do it." He says, kicking a rock around

"Well, you won't have to unless we suddenly get a bunch of points." I shrug. "And besides, I think that if you really have to, if the team is depending on you, you can do it."

He nods a little, so I get up, pay him on the back, and go back to standing next to coach Boone.

"Touchdown Titans! Game, Titans!" A voice yells over the loudspeaker.