Chapter 44

I help Alan carry his bags to his car. My chest feels empty. I knew for a fact that I would never find someone that I love as much as him. His dad puts the last of his bags in the trunk, and Alan walks over to me. My lower lip quivers.

"Don't make that face." He says to me, tears in his eyes.

"Okay" I reply quietly, still making the face.

He pulls me as close as he can, his arms wrapped around me, and mine around him. The tears begin to flow. He kisses me one last time. This is our kiss goodbye. He pulls away and hugs his mom, then his dad. I stand in the road , watching him drive away.

His mom puts her hand on my shoulder.

~

After Alan left, I continued living my life. I went on to graduate high school Magna Cum Laude, and receive multiple scholarships to Georgetown. I study medicine and psychology, with a specialization in criminology. I end up working for the FBI, as a special agent, or detective. My brother goes into the olympics, and wins a gold medal in shot put. I never hear from most of the players again, except for Rev, who I know is working in Dulles International Airport.

I thought that I'd never see them again, until I check the mail and receive an invitation.

TC Williams High School Classes of 1963 and 1964 10 year reunion.