Chapter 30

"Carrie, are you sure you're okay?" Susie asks for the billionth time.

"Look, I'm fine." I tell her. I take a sip of my milkshake. "Thank you for the milkshake, by the way."

"It's no problem. Anything for my friend." She says. She glances at me. "Although, we've been a little more separated than usual. Football keeping you busy?"

"Hoh yeah." I say in a deep breath. There's so much stuff to do."

"Like what?" She asks curiously

"Well I've got to go file some things for coach Boone, I need to review the Marshall tape, I need to organize Boone's plays, then pick a few for the game, I need to make sure the volunteer club makes the banners and flyers just right, I-"

"Okay, I was going to offer to help, but I have no idea how to do any of that stuff." She says, making me laugh.

She gives me a pouty face. "Are you really going to do this again next year?" She asks

"I wouldn't miss it for the world." I say, making her give me a bigger pouty face.

"Do you love the job, or is it because of Alan?" Her smile returns and she elbows me playfully

"It's the job" I assure her. "Although, the extra time with my boyfriend doesn't hurt either."

"Extra time with your boyfriend?" She asks. "I would kill to get to watch my boyfriend take down giant muscular guys every day."

I laugh and roll my eyes. Typical Susie.