Chapter 2

"—ki. Tikki! T!" exclaimed Plagg.

She was busy staring inside the window to view Marinette and Adrien secretly holding their hands under the table. They sat next to each other with smiles going from ear to ear.

Tikki flinched at the mention of her nickname and slapped Plagg lightly. "Don't call me that!"

He frowned while rubbing his cheek. "Why not? It's been a while since. We're finally allowed to meet again so it should be fine."

"Because—" She stared down. "She's going to get jealous again."

"She?" Echoing what was just said, a flash of purple came to mind. "Isn't she our enemy now? It's not the same anymore."

"But—she loved you... Didn't she?" The red kwami frowned and resumed glancing through the window. "Anyways, look at them. Acting like lovers in public with no care in the world."

"What do you mean? All I see are a pair of heros flirting." Plagg yawned while resting himself up against the window. "I want some camembert."

"Look at you, always talking about your stupid, stinky cheese." She sighed and took a seat besides him, but not too closely. "Don't you care about anyone. Maybe even her?"

He looked at her with an unidentifiable expression. "I don't know. But, I do know that she's just a friend to me. I might even like someone else."

"A kwami in love?" Tikki questioned and lightly chuckled. "That's sort of impossible isn't it? Only the four of us were really awake for the longest time."

"You'd never know Tikki. You never do." He closed his eyes, slumping back. "I'm going to take a nap. Wake me up when lunch comes. I want my cheese."

She smiled while patting him. "Alright, alright."

Soon after, her mind was flooded with a bunch of incoming thoughts. She thought of someone special to her. Someone she would love and want to spend her entire life with. The image of a black kwami came to mind and she shook her head. Why did he come to mind? She doesn't know. Just because he's lazy, stupid, kind of charming, and a bit cute—

'What am I thinking?! No Tikki stop! Snap yourself out of this! He already likes someone. It's always been her. It's always been Nooroo that he likes, right? They were so close centuries ago before she became our enemy.'

Memories of Plagg smiling fondly rushed through her mind. She always watched him watch her as if she were his everything. A scene that broke her heart a little, but she always found things to do to ignore these unpleasant feelings.

'I can't like Plagg.'