Chapter 7

It was late night when Marinette slipped out of the shower. She dressed in a deep blue tee matched with black shorts and dried her hair on the way back up to her bedroom. She sat on the bed besides Tikki, who laid on the pillow, and smiled.

"Are you that happy?"

"Mhm."

"Ah, akumas. We just ended a tiring fight and I'm dead-beat tired." She groaned. "Hey Tikki?"

"Yes Mari?"

"If you could save Nooroo, would you let her be with Plagg? Or, would you fight for him fairly?"

"If I could save our best friend, I'd let her be with Plagg..." Tikki lowered her head and thought hard. "But... If I were to push up some courage, I'd tell her my feelings and fairly see who would win him over."

"Now that's the Tikki I know."

"Thanks Mari."

"Anytime love."

-

Adrien entered the bedroom from his quick shower and took a seat on the couch. He sipped a bottle of water that was left by Natalie. Plagg sat on the nearby desk, gazing out of the window, as he chewed his usual late night helping of camembert.

"What are you thinking about Plagg?"

"Nothing much."

"Really? Seems to me you're thinking about a lot. Maybe about a certain someone?"

"I'm not!"

"Just admit it."

"Admit what! Why would I?"

"You're in love with Tikki aren't you?"

Plagg flinched. "N-No! Maybe! Yes?! No! No, I don't! I don't like her—I don't love Tikki?"

"Now how did that turn into a question?"

"I don't love her, I think... I mean, I already have my beloved right here with me. Camembert."

"Eh? Then, what about Nooroo? Heard you both were quite close."

"Nooroo? I only see her as a best friend, like Tikki. If she really did have feelings for me, I would reject her."

"Ok, I have two questions."

"Hm?"

"First, let's say that you were hurt, sad, or lonely. You want someone to comfort you or talk to you. Who comes to mind first, Nooroo or Tikki? Second, if either of the two were to date or like someone else, who would you regret to let go?"

Plagg thought hard. He thought very hard to himself. With pain and wanting comfort, who would he want by his side? An image of a familiar smiling red kwami popped in mind. Of course she would since they have always been together since the beginning of the ultimate duo, Ladybug and Chatnoir.

As for the second question, he thought of the two separate. If Nooroo were to date or like someone else, he would support her entirely. He would be happy for her and her love. As his mind shifted to Tikki, an immediate reaction was his heart squeezing a bit in pain. He felt hurt to tears. If Tikki were to leave, there'd be this unfamiliar dead and sad feeling mixed up inside.

'Is this that he meant? Could I? No, but—'

"Well? Got your answer yet?"

He snapped out of his trail of thought and nodded with a small gulp. "Yeah..."

"So, you know for sure now?"

"I guess you could say I like her... I might even love her."