Chapter 5

It was a slow morning, but Marinette decided to go out on a small run with Adrien. It's been some time since the two were able to hang out alone. However, after the incident with Tikki, Marinette has grown consciously worried about her every now and then. But, what scared her the most were Tikki's own feelings; they were all locked up and forgotten.

The night after their conversation, Tikki had knocked out cold. Marinette glanced up to see Adrien and Plagg hiding behind a pot of plants. She chuckled as she went over to join the two on the balcony. They leaned against the rails and gazed up at the night sky.

"You heard us, didn't you?" She smiled sadly.

"We arrived at a bad time didn't we?" He slid an arm around her, pulling her to his chest. "I'm sorry. I'm sure it's going to be alright."

"I know—it's just—Tikki—" Marinette sighed and looked over at Plagg who'd been oddly quiet. "You ok Plagg?"

"I'm fine..." He lowered his head. "She liked me and I—I didn't know... I always thought that we'd be best buddies forever. That nothing would change."

The pair smiled as Adrien scouped Plagg up and rubbed his head with his thumb. "Well, over time things change. Even the littlest can without you knowing."

"Yeah... I just—I just can't believe that T's been blaming herself the entire time."

"T?"

"Oh." He awkwardly grinned. "It's her nickname. One she used to love being called before Nooroo left us... Now, she doesn't even want to hear it."

"Aw Plagg..." Marinette took Plagg into her hand and kissed his forehead. "Thank you for being with her up until now."

"Mhm..."

He hovered up into the air and zoomed into Marinette's bedroom to Tikki. The pair watched outside with a smile as Plagg sat besides her on the pillow. He caressed her face fondly as he saw her smile to his touch. Without realizing it, he bent down and kissed her cheek. Flustered, he flew up into a corner, covered his mouth, and furiously blushed.

"Thank you T."