Scared

I miss you when I can't sleep or right after coffee or right when I can't eat.

( Marks POV)

I stared at the drink in my hands and sighed. It was three months since I broke up with Sean.

Nothing seemed right anymore. I missed little talks with him. His hugs.
The hour long talks we would have.
He laugh.
Most of all I missed him.

I took a sip of my coffee, but everything felt wrong. I loved him, but he had to go and kiss that girl. He was drunk, something he told me he wouldn't be. He knew I hated it.

You want her. You need her And I'll never be her.

I saw that he got himself a girlfriend. She was beautiful, cheerful and full of laughs. She was perfect for him. I guess I wasn't. I wasn't talented like she was, or naturally beautiful like her.

I saw the way he looked at her. Love. There was love in his eyes, something I never saw when he looked at me.

Sometimes I wish, no, hope , that he still loves me. He probably doesn't. He hasn't made any effort to talk to me.

I set my coffee aside and got up. I was never good with break ups. I loved too easily and let go too slowly. I walked to the front door and decided I needed a walk.

Fresh air, that would help wouldn't it?

It didn't. It made things worse. So many happy couples were around, holding hands or kissing. Even on a nice day, he wouldn't leave my head. My mind went back to the time we first held hands in public. His face was etched with fear. He was scared of being judged. I made him happy.

Suddenly my memory was shattered by my name being called. I looked around thinking it would be a fan.

It wasn't.

Sean stood behind me, a look of sadness in his face. Anger rose inside me.

"Oh it's you" I spat. I still loved him, I wanted to go up to him and kiss his perfect lips, but no that'll show I was weak. "Aren't you busy with your girlfriend? " I sighed and turned away. He hand caught mine and held it.

"I broke up with her Mark" he said. I looked at him.

"I broke up with her.... because I still love you but....I lost you" he said, staring at me. I tried not to look in his eyes , I knew if I did I will feel guilty.
"For f*ck sake Mark. Look at me" he said, he sound hurt. I looked at him slowly. He looked terrible. He looked so weak and helpless.

"Sean" I said. He nodded. I looked around, some people were staring. " not here" I said, walking back to my house with him. It was silent between us.

I got back and opened the door. We both walked into the kitchen and he stood there. I sighed and turned to him.

"It hurt Sean, seeing the one who you thought loved you kissing someone else. The one you love look at another person with so much love in their eyes" I said. He looked down.

"I was drun-" he started to say but I stopped him.

"That's not an excuse! How come you never looked at me the way you looked at her?!" I shouted, my voice shaking with emotion.

"I WAS SCARED MARK! SO FUCKING SCARED OF WHAT PEOPLE WOULD SAY. OF WHAT PEOPLE WOULD DO. I WAS TERRIFIED. I LOVE YOU SO DAMN MUCH AND I WAS SELFISH TO GO AND GET DRUNK...." he shouted. I was silent. Jack never shout.... well, like this anyway. He sighed and ran his hands through his hair.
"I really need you back Mark. I'm nothing without you....
I understand if you don't want to take me back...." he whispered. He voice and breathing shaking.

My emotions took over and I pulled him close to me. I leaned in and kissed his lips passionately. He quickly returned and wrapped his arms around my neck. I pulled back and rested my forehead on his.

"If you mess this up McLoughlin, I will never forgive you" I said. He smiled and hugged me. I hugged him back, hoping I made the right decision.