chapter 2

Hello. Sorry about not updating very frequently. I've started writing another fanfiction along with this one, it's another Ereri. If you haven't checked out my other fanfictions you should, it would mean a lot!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Chihiro p.o.v.

I begin to walk down the dark, moist(don't you just love that word) tunnel, the gentle breeze still nudging me to go on deeper within.

Seeing a faint light in the distance made me feel a little less worried about my current decisions so I continued, still feeling quite nostalgic about the whole scenario. As I arrived to the light I had saw before, a huge abandoned train station, or so it seemed, opened up in front of me. The paint on the walls was so old it was cracking and peeling off and only a few benches scattered around the giant cavern looked in decent shape to still sit on.

"Hello" I called out, hearing my voice being carried and bounced against the walls.

I swear I had been here before but I just couldn't put my finger on it which bothered me extremely. Wandering around a bit more to see if I could remember why I thought I had been here in the past I noticed another tunnel, which was a lot shorter, and at the end there was a light again just like before, showing it opened up to a different place. Curiosity once again.....took the best of me and I headed down the newly found area.

I felt weary going down another tunnel, they both looked exactly the same and smelled and felt the same. The are were no special markings or graffiti on the walls which surprised me but also worried me because that meant nothing could be used as a land mark for returning.

What if I get lost?

Stopping in my tracks I mentally debated with myself whether I should continue on my mini expedition and see what's ahead or turn around, which sounded like a more logical answer, but of course the adventurous side of me told myself to keep on walking although I was still a little uncomfortable and worried.

Finally reaching the end, once again, I breathed in the fresh air. Unlike the front of this building that was surrounded by bundles of trees and plants that homed a variety of noisy wildlife, in the back there was just an enormous field of long, un-cut, green and browned grass. The air was pure and almost a little dry and as I took in another breathe through my nose I smelled food. It reminded me of a fancy restaurant when you walk in and a bunch of smells from different meals mixed and collided with your nose.

This smell

I definitely had smelled this before, and not in a fancy restaurant, no doubt about it.

Besides there just being lush grass, there was a little stone path with cracked rocks and small pebbles decorating the sides leading into what seemed like an abandoned village and as soon as I stepped on the little stone that began the pathway I knew where I was and that yes, I have been here before....just remembering why or how was another issue.

Excitement and a bit of nervousness took over my emotions. Either I'm dreaming this again or I after all those years I knew I wasn't a crazy child who had been imagining such things.

But one thing came to mind almost immediately; him

I need to see him

But what if I can't. What if he's gone.

So many doubts and questions ran through my mind but I trudged myself along anyways hoping I wouldn't be disappointed in the oncoming future. Making my way slowly but at a decent pace through the area that is meant, and will be a river, and the little stands and 'houses' I pass the stand that I once lost my parents at. Then I see the house...the bath house.

It's just as I remember

The tall smoke stacks...or I guess you could call them vents for the steam...we're doing exactly the same thing they had done when I first saw them years ago. Large plumes of white condensation leaked into the sky, mixing itself with the white puffs of clouds up above.

Smiling to myself I made my way up to the bridge, stopping right in front debating whether to stay till dark and risk things with holding my breathe or hope he came out today just like he did years ago.

No matter what was going to happen, I knew it was going to make me a nervous wreck all over again.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Well there's another crappy chapter that's even shorter than before. Sorry about them being so short. I'll make them longer as the time goes. (I'm on vacation right now and can't really focus on writing a lot so....sorryyy)