Chapter 1

Emma's POV

"Hey, mom? Where's my apron?" I yell down the stairs. "Second drawer on the right!" She yelled back. I grabbed it and put it on over my black skinny jeans and grey shirt. I apply some quick eyeliner and pull on my riding boots. "I'll be back at two, I have my keys!" I yell to her. "Okay, I'll be back at 3 when school finishes!" She yells back. I grab my keys and rush to the diner to start my shift. I stare at the clock and run into something. I fall down, as I look up I see the most intimidating woman I'd ever seen. "I-uhm-Oh my god, Miss Mills I'm so sorry, I-uh-I was in a rush because I'm late and-" She cuts me off. "If you're late stop babbling and hurry up, and watch where you're going next time." She half shouts. "O-Okay." I stutter as I rush along the pavement to the diner. I reach the diner and see Ruby in shorts that are basically classified as underwear and a baggy shirt, tied to show her belly button piercing. "Hey, Red! Guess what?!" She scooted and made a Mocha Latte. "What?" She asked with an equal amount of excitement. "The mayor, she spoke to me." She arched her eyebrow. "And?" I smiled. "And she is intimidating but I felt a kick." She scoffed. "A kick?" I nodded. "Yeah, and I'm not crazy." She took the latte to Dr Whale who checked her out. "Hey, I'm not just eye candy, you know?" She scoffed, storming back to behind the counter. "Maybe your little 'kick' was actually just a metaphorical thing, you know like she 'kicked' you with her 'WATCH WHERE YOUR GOING!' thing?" Iaughed. "Yeah, maybe." I sighed. I finished my shift and decided to go home. I walked to the attic and heard footsteps behind me. I spun on my heels and saw Kathryn behind me. "Oh, you scared me." I laughed. "Sorry, but I was wondering in Mary Margret was home?" I unlocked the door and invited her in. "Not for another hour." I replied, putting the kettle on. She took a seat at the bar stools. "Want a drink?" I offer her. She smiles brightly and nods. "Yeah, got any coffee?" She asks. I nod and make two coffees. "So, why do you want to talk to my mom?" I ask her, curious. "Well, we're throwing the mayor a birthday party. And I was wondering if she wanted to go with us, make some friends, or just chill out, you know?" I nod. "That'd be nice, can I go?" I ask her hopefully. "Well how old are you?" She asks, probably because there is going to be alcohol. "21." I answer. "Wow, really?" She asks, I nod. "You've grown up so fast!" She shrieks, just then Mary Margret came in. "Emma? Can you come and help with the groceries, they're in the- Kathryn, what a lovely surprise!" She says as Kathryn gets up to hug her. "Yeah, I was just wondering if you were coming to Mayor Mills' birthday, at The Rabbit Hole?" She asks, after pending on it for a while she nods. "Sure, Emma are you coming?" I nodded. "If that's okay?" I ask. "Of course it is, but seriously, go get the rest of the groceries out of the car." She laughs. I laugh and go outside to collect the groceries.

A/N This is my first fan fiction, so it's probably really bad, but still.